British Man Caught With Fake Stamps In His Passport

clivemh

seeing as you are all having so much fun crucifying Sean, why not crucify all the THAI immigration officers who stamp the passports without the farang being there and made Seans business possible. Without corrupt THAI immigration officers stamping passports there would be no ghost visa runs to the cambodian border in the first place.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as you are all having so much fun crucifying Sean, why not crucify all the THAI immigration officers who stamp the passports without the farang being there and made Seans business possible. Without corrupt THAI immigration officers stamping passports there would be no ghost visa runs to the cambodian border in the first place.

He should not have been offering illegal services no matter what Thai immigration were doing. End of story.

I am sure if a murderer who was let out on bail murdered a member of your family, you would certainly crucify them as well as whoever let him out on bail, right????

He should not have been offering illegal services no matter what Thai immigration were doing. End of story.

I am sure if a murderer who was let out on bail murdered a member of your family, you would certainly crucify them as well as whoever let him out on bail, right????

i think comparing Sean to a murderer is a bit over the top don't you???

Yes he was offering a service that was not legal and so are lots of other people in Pattaya and Bangkok and probably all over the country and immigration know about it and allow it because they get there backhanders, so tell me who are the real criminals??? I forgot we can all slate a stupid farang but can't say anything about a Thai who maybe breaking the law as that will be Thai bashing.

the facts are here in this thread

I sincerely hope for any defendents sake that you never have to do jury service if you consider whats been said in this thread to be facts.

As my Father once told me - "believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see"

ACTUALLY, " Mr know it all " We HAVE seen it for ourselves as he has offered us FAKE visa's! So what we have posted ARE facts... I sincerely hope for any defendents sake that you never have to do jury service. :o

No they ARE NOT facts they are hearsay on an internet forum so try getting that into your thick head.

I'm not saying he is innocent but I'm certainly not saying he is guilty because someone like you posted so.

I have done jury service in the past and if what you seem to think should be passing as facts was what the prosecution based their case on then that would quickly result in a dismissal.

As for these alleged illegal activities just remember this is Pattaya, a city whose biggest industry is supposedly illegal - prostitution !

As for these alleged illegal activities just remember this is Pattaya, a city whose biggest industry is supposedly illegal - prostitution !

An industry in which 99% of the Farangs that live there partake in, knowing it's illegal. (Oh yeah, all except the members of this forum who moved to Pattaya for the pristine beaches, easy lifestyle, crime free streets and clean air )

More criminal acts from Farangs that need addressing! :D

If this guy has been dealing in and making money from illegal activities, then he takes that risk knowing it could all go pearshaped, and how the fawk do you know what has happened to the Thai Immigration officers who may have been involved, one of them could have been caught and grassed Sean up.

Is it so hard to accept that there are some very dodgy Farangs in Pattaya ? :o

Think about it. :D

Edited by Maigo6

I cannot understand all this business of handing your passport to someone else to go and get a visa.

The legal requirement is that you go and present the passport yourself and persuade the immigration officer that you should be granted an extension / a new visa. This happens throughout the world. Go to Croydon (SW London) and see the queues of people there trying to get stamps in their passports. My ex-wife used to spend days there - I got fed up and went out for meals, drinks, what-have-you in one of the most dreary areas I have ever seen.

When I was in Thailand for a year or so, I went to the border with one of the visa-run buses after almost every 30 days, sometimes on my own to Koh Kong on a 73 bus (I think it was). This was less hassle than the British mob give to aliens in Croydon. (And a night in Koh Kong had it's moments)

If you can't be bothered to do the proper thing, your problem.

If you're too busy working - then you should have a work permit.

An industry in which 99% of the Farangs that live there partake in, knowing it's illegal. (Oh yeah, all except the members of this forum who moved to Pattaya for the pristine beaches, easy lifestyle, crime free streets and clean air )

More criminal acts from Farangs that need addressing! :D

If this guy has been dealing in and making money from illegal activities, then he takes that risk knowing it could all go pearshaped, and how the fawk do you know what has happened to the Thai Immigration officers who may have been involved, one of them could have been caught and grassed Sean up.

Is it so hard to accept that there are some very dodgy Farangs in Pattaya ? :o

Think about it. :D

I dont find it hard to accept that there are some very dodgy Farangs in Pattaya as I know it's true being as some of them happen to be good friends of mine. I just dont subscribe to the theory that because someone says something is so in an internet forum that means it must be taken as a fact - do you ?

I dont find it hard to accept that there are some very dodgy Farangs in Pattaya as I know it's true being as some of them happen to be good friends of mine. I just dont subscribe to the theory that because someone says something is so in an internet forum that means it must be taken as a fact - do you ?

So its all lies then? :o

I did a really silly thing once ,,although not as bad as trying to fool Immigration ,rather than trying to fool the GF from the Philippines.

It was 2002,,I told the GF that I was in Spain when I was really in Angeles in the Philippines.

Knowing that she would have a crafty look in my passport upon return, I decided to ......cut the page out of the passport that had the Philippines stamp on it...Good idea dont you think?

Well it worked with the girlfriend and Singapore Immigration but I was stopped leaving Bangkok and asked why page number 9 was missing.

Luckily,I kept said page 9 in another place on me, and upon displaying it ,the kind gentleman in immigration selotaped it back in its rightful place.

Thankfully passport and GF are both beyond the expiry date and its all behind me,,but it could have been very sticky.

Silly to mess with a false visa in your own passport though.

Cheers

Now that is dodgy! :o

Soundman.

LOL - I do know of guys in the UK used to keep 2 passports and tell their wives they were off golfing in Spain etc - kept the one with Thai stamps at work.

I did once meet a guy caught out though - she gave his clothes away toy Oxfam and sold anything else she could in the flat and buggered off :D

Ive sat on the wall here a bit but in seans defense it does seem there is more here than meets the eye, i know for a fact that a visa is still available under the counter at a thai run visa shop, is this just another case of the thais not allowing/needing farang run operations anymore,.ill guarantee Seans not stupid enough to just hand in a passport and hope for the best with a dodgy visa, ill bet its not the first time, however it may be his last,.

I cannot understand all this business of handing your passport to someone else to go and get a visa.

The legal requirement is that you go and present the passport yourself and persuade the immigration officer that you should be granted an extension / a new visa. This happens throughout the world. Go to Croydon (SW London) and see the queues of people there trying to get stamps in their passports. My ex-wife used to spend days there - I got fed up and went out for meals, drinks, what-have-you in one of the most dreary areas I have ever seen.

When I was in Thailand for a year or so, I went to the border with one of the visa-run buses after almost every 30 days, sometimes on my own to Koh Kong on a 73 bus (I think it was). This was less hassle than the British mob give to aliens in Croydon. (And a night in Koh Kong had it's moments)

If you can't be bothered to do the proper thing, your problem.

If you're too busy working - then you should have a work permit.

Off topic a bit but what an awful place that is at croyden,even the way you q in those cow dock type bays, no seats, its enough to make you want to not bother applying for a visa and i wondered if this is the intention, when we eventually got through it was like the nigerian emabassy, im not racial prejadice ( i married a thai ) but all the agents were coloured and my wife was shocked,thank god we havent got to go through that again,.

So its all lies then? :o

I'm not saying it's all lies and I'm not saying it's 100% the truth.

I'm saying I don't know and that I'm not going to believe something is true just because someone tells me I should in a internet forum or because 1 of the most corrupt police forces in the world says it's true.

I like to keep an open opinion until I myself have seen irrefutable evidence, maybe something a few on here should try once in a while.

First I've heard of people being blacklisted for overstay. Have the rules been changed ?

I thought that was the standard operating procedure, for people who are caught on over-stay ?

From various posts I've read on TV over the last couple of years, it seemed to me that anyone caught on over-stay was black-listed (there were numerous discussions about it, and about how to get around it if you were blacklisted).

Here's a clipping from ThaiVisa.com:

Overstay

Thursday, 14 December 2006

Do not overstay in Thailand!

(numerous paragraphs cut out)

To be personna non grata in Thailand is very serious case—i.e., your name is recorded in a secret ‘Confidential List’, popularly known as the ‘black list’; and you will be banned from entering Thailand forever. It is extremely difficult to have your name removed from the ‘black list’.

ThaiVisa.com - Overstay

Another ThaiVisa article about the "black-list", dated 29 December 2006:

(para 1 refers to people that don't have valid passports/visas)

ThaiVisa.com - Thai Immigration Blacklist

Those are just a couple of the references I came up with in a quick search.

name='keebone' date='2007-06-03 21:33:58' post='1340461']I'm not saying it's all lies and I'm not saying it's 100% the truth.

I'm saying I don't know and that I'm not going to believe something is true just because someone tells me I should in a internet forum or because 1 of the most corrupt police forces in the world says it's true.

I like to keep an open opinion until I myself have seen irrefutable evidence, maybe something a few on here should try once in a while.

Ok, Can you just point out the bits with lies in this thread then.

So we stand corrected.

Thanks. :o

all i can say is "good luck" visa shop pattaya. if all is above board and this "sean" fella has not done owt wrong, then good luck to him.

if however, he has been conducting his buisness NOT within the thai laws, then i wish him good luck also, and hopefuly time will tell on the conclusion of his present situation.

i am not against the guy, nor am i on his side. i am merely speaking out, and that is what makes this forum what it is.

i say again..THE FACTS are stated at the beginning of this thread and also on the pattaya news. so hopefully the readers of this shall make up there own mind and dont need anyone going on about "having a friendly beer with the chap in question" we are not talking about beer, we are talking about a more serious issue, visas, passports, border stamps ect ect ect........ jeez.

Have to forgive her though,,,,not her fault she is Filippino.

:D

All water under the bridge

My Filipino NEVER goes into my personal stuff. You just found a dud. :o

A personal safe would have easily solved your problem.

name='keebone' date='2007-06-03 21:33:58' post='1340461']I'm not saying it's all lies and I'm not saying it's 100% the truth.

Ok, Can you just point out the bits with lies in this thread then.

So we stand corrected.

Thanks. :o

Sorry but do you suffer from some form of learning difficulties - dyslexia maybe ?

I've neither said it's lies or it's the truth.

Do try to keep up please :D

Sorry your quite right.

His a victim isn’t he, Not a guy caught red handed with dodgy stamps in his passport. Your such a wag., silly old me.

My humble apologies to your rudeness.

I too have known Shaun for many years, I also knew his ex-partner Jim very well. Jim basically did a moonlight when the heat regarding fake stamps came on around 3 years or so ago! That in itself speaks volumes!

One thing that may people here don't know is that Shaun's ex-assistant/secretery, a Thai lady named Nok was the main conduit between the Visa shop & immigration, her having extensive contacts within. Around 18 months or so ago, much to Shaun's surprise, Nok didn't turn into work one day, then called telling him she was resignining! She had been secretly refurbishing offices in the Nirun complex & opened up what is basically a carbon copy of Shauns business, having re-mortgaged her condo to do so. There was bad blood here & with her extensive contacts, it would not surprise me if she hadn't orchestrated something?

All of the speculation in the world does not provide one actual fact; one thing for SURE, Shaun would never pull a fast one on anyone, if there was something dodgy, he would explain the pro's & cons beforehand to the customer, Shaun is a very helpful guy & has done a great deal of legitimate work for many.

I too have known Shaun for many years, I also knew his ex-partner Jim very well. Jim basically did a moonlight when the heat regarding fake stamps came on around 3 years or so ago! That in itself speaks volumes!

One thing that may people here don't know is that Shaun's ex-assistant/secretery, a Thai lady named Nok was the main conduit between the Visa shop & immigration, her having extensive contacts within. Around 18 months or so ago, much to Shaun's surprise, Nok didn't turn into work one day, then called telling him she was resignining! She had been secretly refurbishing offices in the Nirun complex & opened up what is basically a carbon copy of Shauns business, having re-mortgaged her condo to do so. There was bad blood here & with her extensive contacts, it would not surprise me if she hadn't orchestrated something?

All of the speculation in the world does not provide one actual fact; one thing for SURE, Shaun would never pull a fast one on anyone, if there was something dodgy, he would explain the pro's & cons beforehand to the customer, Shaun is a very helpful guy & has done a great deal of legitimate work for many.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Immigration raid at the Nirun Complex.....?

Off topic a bit but what an awful place that is at croyden,even the way you q in those cow dock type bays, no seats, its enough to make you want to not bother applying for a visa and i wondered if this is the intention, when we eventually got through it was like the nigerian emabassy, im not racial prejadice ( i married a thai ) but all the agents were coloured and my wife was shocked,thank god we havent got to go through that again,.

Like when I was young all the Labour Exchanges (now Job Centres) were staffed by Scots.

Someone gets in, hard-working, gets to be manager - recruits people he can control, i.e. his fellow countrymen.

i think comparing Sean to a murderer is a bit over the top don't you???

Yes he was offering a service that was not legal and so are lots of other people in Pattaya and Bangkok and probably all over the country and immigration know about it and allow it because they get there backhanders, so tell me who are the real criminals??? I forgot we can all slate a stupid farang but can't say anything about a Thai who maybe breaking the law as that will be Thai bashing.

Okay then, We will stick with this story line.... Would you still be sticking up for Sean if YOU ended up being arrested because Sean supplied you with a Fake Visa? I dont think so. I don't really care whether the immigration 'know' about it or not. Sean would have known he was doing something illegal, he broke the law, and he should not do it... I know quite a few Visa shops, the THAI owner of one being a very close friend, and none of them offer illegal visa. Neither should he.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Meg_ken2003

No they ARE NOT facts they are hearsay on an internet forum so try getting that into your thick head.

I'm not saying he is innocent but I'm certainly not saying he is guilty because someone like you posted so.

I have done jury service in the past and if what you seem to think should be passing as facts was what the prosecution based their case on then that would quickly result in a dismissal.

Why dont You get it into your 'thick head' that this may be hearsay to you, but it is facts to others. How can it be hearsay when I and many other people have been offered a fake Visa from this guy??? Its also been published in the local newspaper, man! Is that hearsay too?? His photo has been posted on Pattaya people website saying he had a fake Visa stamp, did they just take a snapshot of him and make the whole story up? :o

LOL

Why dont You get it into your 'thick head' that this may be hearsay to you, but it is facts to others.

How can it be hearsay when I and many other people have been offered a fake Visa from this guy??? Did you accept? You would then be an accomplice, because that is not the legal way to get a visa. Use the organised visa runs, where you actually leave the country and (hopefully) return, or do it yourself. Easy from Pattaya - less than a day out of your life.

Its also been published in the local newspaper, man! Is that hearsay too?? With most of the local rags - quite likely!

His photo has been posted on Pattaya people website saying he had a fake Visa stamp, did they just take a snapshot of him and make the whole story up? This is the guy with the visa shop - this thread started with it being some other guy. Give me the facts Ma'am - I just want the facts. :o

LOL

I cannot understand a man with a legal business - and there is a legal foundation to this business - mixing in the illegal no-travel visa at the same time. You would surely operate that out of a back-room and so on, with no connection to the legitimate side.

So now if you want a dodgy visa you should go to the girl at Nirun Grand Ville?

And if you want a legitimate visa go to any one of a dozen visa-bus-tour operators in the town? Am I correct?

Did you accept? You would then be an accomplice, because that is not the legal way to get a visa. Use the organised visa runs, where you actually leave the country and (hopefully) return, or do it yourself. Easy from Pattaya - less than a day out of your life.
:D Actually, no. I walked out of the shop after he asked me for 30,000 baht to send my passport away for a Visa. I wanted him to help me do it the legal way but he would not, He said its either send my passport away and pay him 30,000 baht, or I need to go back to my home country and get a visa (He dismissed any questions about Penang or other neighbouring countries). I wasnt silly enough to fall for what he said, and I got a flight out to Penang the week after for a few thousand and got my visa the legal way.
His photo has been posted on Pattaya people website saying he had a fake Visa stamp, did they just take a snapshot of him and make the whole story up?
This is the guy with the visa shop - this thread started with it being some other guy. Give me the facts Ma'am - I just want the facts. :o

Okay then. Here are your facts, sir! http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=5937 There you go.. :D

Edited by Meg_ken2003

the way i am reading this thread is this !!! the mere FACTS of the matter are, this sean guy has been taken in for questioning regarding his passport with fake stamps ect ect.. and now it is looking like he has been running an illegal buisness here in pattaya, so he deserves all he gets, surely he cannot go on forever and its about time these money grabbing insects were caught up with and stopped.

maybe he is a nice guy, yeah,,, whatever !!!!! but i would not say that if i was locked up in some stinking cell coz of him. he deserves all he gets and no doubt time will tell on this one..

i bet ya, he wont be doing it again.

anyone in there right mind would feel the same as well, lets think about all the people out there in pattaya, with maybe illegal visas, through him, i bet they are worried now. nice guy or not, he has been breaking the law, and he will get his just deserts in time if he has not already. good-day.

Ive sat on the wall here a bit but in seans defense it does seem there is more here than meets the eye, i know for a fact that a visa is still available under the counter at a thai run visa shop, is this just another case of the thais not allowing/needing farang run operations anymore,.ill guarantee Seans not stupid enough to just hand in a passport and hope for the best with a dodgy visa, ill bet its not the first time, however it may be his last,.

Well well,arent you all squeaky clean and law abiding citizens!.Sean didnt go out on the streets touting dodgey visas he tried to help the idiots who were already in the cr8p out of an situation where the fee he asked for was a small percentage of the money the thai authorities would have squeeezed them for so dont try and make him out to be some sort of mafia type when he was yes earning a few quid but also helping people out a bad situation.

As for the accusation that nok was anything to do with this are you dimented,you people know nothing and are not even close to the mark.Nok is a lovely honest and loyal girl(loyality a word most of you dont know the meaning of)and was nothing to do with seans case.

As a nation the English always stuck together in times of crisis when we are abroad but sadly the letters here show the reason why as a nation we are screwed,I hope Sean earnt a mint from the visas and gets away scott free and takes all his cash home to England and spends it there Pattaya/Thailand is not a place for you obviously law abiding totally honest people so I suggest you stay the .... away.