Interval between PCR test and departure flight for Thailand

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have just booked a PCR test at Heathrow, cost £76 and result within 3 hours.

That's a good deal by UK standards - I'm sure when I looked about a month ago it was £139.

If you live quite close to the airport then that's the way to do it, maybe go there by tube the day before you fly. Otherwise, with the 3-hour check-in you would need to be there 6 hours before your flight?

On 9/30/2021 at 3:04 PM, sandyf said:

I have just booked a PCR test at Heathrow, cost £76 and result within 3 hours.

i have checked and can find no 3 hour tests for £76. Are you sure you have got this correct. Cheapest i could find was £120 at Heathrow. Other types were available at this price but not PCR. Found £95 now

Edited by Dene16
update

On 10/1/2021 at 3:22 PM, Dene16 said:

i have checked and can find no 3 hour tests for £76. Are you sure you have got this correct. Cheapest i could find was £120 at Heathrow. Other types were available at this price but not PCR. Found £95 now

I used Collinson that charge £95. Google Collinson promo codes for a discount.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, London Lowf said:

That's a good deal by UK standards - I'm sure when I looked about a month ago it was £139.

If you live quite close to the airport then that's the way to do it, maybe go there by tube the day before you fly. Otherwise, with the 3-hour check-in you would need to be there 6 hours before your flight?

I am in Sheffield and my flight is Thursday afternoon. A test here would be about £150 so I am travelling down Wednesday and stay overnight at the Travelodge for £38. Booked the test for 6pm on Wednesday.

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I used Collinson that charge £95. Google Collinson promo codes for a discount.

yes that who i found for £95. I thought it might be an easier option but all are off site and i have no means to get to them except taxi after arriving at Heathrow. Also if i am going to test positive for Covid i would rather i did it before i made the 65 mile trip to Heathrow and have to make the trip back. It was only in case of emergency if a previous test did not come through for whatever reason 

On 10/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, Dene16 said:

yes that who i found for £95. I thought it might be an easier option but all are off site and i have no means to get to them except taxi after arriving at Heathrow. Also if i am going to test positive for Covid i would rather i did it before i made the 65 mile trip to Heathrow and have to make the trip back. It was only in case of emergency if a previous test did not come through for whatever reason 

Everyone has to do what suits best, but that is always better done knowing as much as possible.

I can check in to the Travelodge and use my bus pass to get to the test centre.

As a visitor to the UK it is a bit academic where I test positive, big problem irrespective.