"Rubber Tree Road" sex couple arrested in Phayao - press conference today

webfact

Although it is not normal to have sex on the streetside, it is a bit over the top to arrest them. But once again 19th century laws and believes... When will THailand get into the 21st century?? It is the only land that is build on spirits it seems..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

A search for evidence at two residences for intercourse against a tree ! seems like splintered evidence I think the police are barking up the wrong tree !

And they are investigatung if he uses a rubber when he rubbed her against the rubber tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those rubber trees on the Old Lamphun Road have indirectly contributed to dozens of road-deaths. Many locals want them gone and I know for a fact that several trees have been poisoned, resulting in their removal. My wife opened a locksmith shop on that road and her niece still runs it. I can remember at least half a dozen Thais smashing their motorbikes into those trees in the thirteen years my wife ran that business. She says the trees are "sacred" because of all the lives that have ended on them, usually when inebriated young Thais rode motorcycles into them after a night in one of the many karaokes that used to be along that road. The lighting on the Old Lamphun Road used to be very poor when I lived there & I doubt it has improved much. Just before I left LOS, a friend who had previously been married to a really nasty old B/G came over for a visit. Apparently the Thai son of his now ex-wife had been killed in a collision with one of those rubber trees and she had asked him to buy her an air ticket urgently, so that she could attend the funeral. Living on the dole in Oz with no funds, she had offered to 'take care of his needs' for a couple of weeks, if he paid for her air ticket. To me it seemed like 'taking coal to Newcastle' but he agreed. He can't speak Thai, so I went to the "Ngaan Sop" (funeral) with him & his ex. Almost as soon as we got there, staff from a local motorcycle dealer presented my farang friend with a bill (in Thai) & demanded that he pay for the brand new motorcycle the deceased had wrapped around a rubber tree. They explained nicely that he had to pay, as 'he was in some way responsible as the step-father and the boy was drunk, so insurance would not pay'. They were less than amused when I explained that my friend was no longer married to the boys' mother, did not live in Thailand and that she too lived in Australia and both had no idea who it was 'went guarantor' for the boy to buy a motorcycle. The air ticket deal proved costly too, as the 'lady' ditched my friend straight after the funeral and reneged on the 'arrangement.' 

Here is the funny part.  

If the girl gets pregnant everyone in the village will laud over her because the baby will be infused with the spirit of the trees. LOL

The only thing that this couple should get charged with is stupidity for sharing the photos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

Those rubber trees on the Old Lamphun Road have indirectly contributed to dozens of road-deaths. Many locals want them gone and I know for a fact that several trees have been poisoned, resulting in their removal. My wife opened a locksmith shop on that road and her niece still runs it. I can remember at least half a dozen Thais smashing their motorbikes into those trees in the thirteen years my wife ran that business. She says the trees are "sacred" because of all the lives that have ended on them, usually when inebriated young Thais rode motorcycles into them after a night in one of the many karaokes that used to be along that road. The lighting on the Old Lamphun Road used to be very poor when I lived there & I doubt it has improved much. Just before I left LOS, a friend who had previously been married to a really nasty old B/G came over for a visit. Apparently the Thai son of his now ex-wife had been killed in a collision with one of those rubber trees and she had asked him to buy her an air ticket urgently, so that she could attend the funeral. Living on the dole in Oz with no funds, she had offered to 'take care of his needs' for a couple of weeks, if he paid for her air ticket. To me it seemed like 'taking coal to Newcastle' but he agreed. He can't speak Thai, so I went to the "Ngaan Sop" (funeral) with him & his ex. Almost as soon as we got there, staff from a local motorcycle dealer presented my farang friend with a bill (in Thai) & demanded that he pay for the brand new motorcycle the deceased had wrapped around a rubber tree. They explained nicely that he had to pay, as 'he was in some way responsible as the step-father and the boy was drunk, so insurance would not pay'. They were less than amused when I explained that my friend was no longer married to the boys' mother, did not live in Thailand and that she too lived in Australia and both had no idea who it was 'went guarantor' for the boy to buy a motorcycle. The air ticket deal proved costly too, as the 'lady' ditched my friend straight after the funeral and reneged on the 'arrangement.' 

Unbelievable Thailand, your friend got away lightly.

Regardless of situation or circumstances it's money number one!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Pathetic.....again, have they nothing better to do   

It's called community policing looking after the interests of the local community who were outraged by it. What do you want? Public sex to be made legal?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RobU said:

It's called community policing looking after the interests of the local community who were outraged by it. What do you want? Public sex to be made legal?

How many of the local community even knew about it until they were outraged by the reports (news articles) highlighting how local residents were outraged ??????

And... were they really outraged ??? or did they think... ‘bloomin ek, those kids banging against a tree’....  that wouldn’t make great news would it?... no... we have to have ‘outrage’.... I’m surprised there wasn’t also ‘outraged netizens’ which seems to be a favourite.... 

Edited by richard_smith237

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How many of the local community even knew about it until they were outraged by the reports (news articles) highlighting how local residents were outraged ??????

And... were they really outraged ??? or did they think... ‘bloomin ek, those kids banging against a tree’....  that wouldn’t make great news would it?... no... we have to have ‘outrage’.... I’m surprised there wasn’t also ‘outraged netizens’ which seems to be a favourite.... 

Their sex act was posted on line showing time and place which locals consider to be insulting. The couple are a pair of fools who deserve a slap on the wrist which is probably all they will get. Police are doing their job