flyx

Hello

I need use internet everyday in my private room

Which hotels or condos give me internet service in rooms

please forget 5stars hotels , i just need a normal hotel

and if possible give me price

thanx

Edited by flyx

The LK buildings have wireless ( although its not free ) in all the rooms and whole area actually. They have several buildings ranging from decent to more than you want to spend. Using my wireless I can pick whatever building's access point is giving me the best signal.

This is the odd thing about the wireless service though - You buy a card in varying amounts, 10 hours is the smallest i think, but it gives you unlimited use within 50 hours after you enter the account / password. You use their internal webpage to connect/disconnect the card's account so theoretically you could stretch the 10 hours out over a month but I see no reason to buy more than the minimum card since you get all you want for 50 hours. I guess it depends on how many hours a day you need it.

Anyway I stay in the LK Mansion and have zero complaints. ( and I'm just a customer , i don't work here lol )

341/38 M.9 Soi Buakhao ( walking distance to soi 7, soi 8 )

66 (0) 3872 0022 - 4

[email protected]

judging from the email address and just checking

http://www.lkpattaya.com

works and shows you the different buildings to choose from.

If you choose the building ( on the site) you can get the rates.

LK Mansion is least expensive from 600/night up depending on how many rooms / furniture you need. ( Also have weekly and monthly rates )

Hello

I need use internet everyday in my private room

Which hotels or condos give me internet service in rooms

please forget 5stars hotels , i just need a normal hotel

and if possible give me price

thanx

Tropical Berts is located in the Discovery Park. Opposite Bangkok Bank 2nd Road. Rooms are first class and WiFi is available in room for free. The room rates depend on how long you stay, but start at 700 baht per night. And reduce down if book in to stay longer 1 month for example. As a customer renting a room you also get 10% off food and drink bills.

Begs

Hey Crouton

rooms look nice maybe i try them

hey Begs

I found their website ,i dont feel good to look at rooms pictures :o

If you stay there - first, remember the internet thing. I bought their most expensive card because they couldn't/didn't explain the free 50 hour thing

2) If you stay at LK mansion - you get full use of the other building's facilities. LK mansion has a decent pool on roof but you can go to the most expensive of their buildings and use the somewhat nicer pool and sauna, gym etc...

They dont mention this unless you ask but its all on the up and up ( and just around the corner).

Hey crouton

Thanx for your guide

Sorry dude , i didnt understand exactly , they give me 50hours free internet ? or their cards must be used for 50hours ? anyway , how much you priced 10hours cards ?

I need use internet up to 5 hours/day

Hey crouton

Thanx for your guide

Sorry dude , i didnt understand exactly , they give me 50hours free internet ? or their cards must be used for 50hours ? anyway , how much you priced 10hours cards ?

I need use internet up to 5 hours/day

Sorry, let me explain because they certainly can't. You go to reception in the lobby and ask for an internet card. They will ask "How Many Hours" and they sell them in denominations starting at 10 hours and going up. I forget what the max hours card is but the price for each goes up of course. I bought a large card at first because I was going to be online a lot for a few days. After reading the card and testing it works like this:

1) no matter what denomination of hours you buy ( the smallest or biggest) - you get unlimited use for 50 hours once you activate the card. The 50 hours starts counting when you activate the card so for instance if I buy 10 hours then I can actually use 50 hours starting from when I activate the account ( so you could leave your computer on uploading/downloading or something if you wanted).

This works well for me as I tend to sit and work all day for a day or two so I actually get 50 hours while paying for 10.

2) If you just want to use the hours on the card i.e. you buy 20 hours but don't want to take advantage of unlimited 50 hours then you need to make sure you "disconnect" using their internal web page otherwise it will keep counting off your time. Next time you use a few hours you login into their web page , use a few hours, then click disconnect on their web page. Just turning off your computer without clicking disconenct on their internal webpage will NOT stop the timer on your hours.

I think the card is 250 baht. There are internet cafes right at the corner also which sell time at 60 baht an hour. They don't like you hooking your laptop up to their network however ( not sure if thy don't want to deal with it or for security - I tell them I'll unplug the ethernet from theirs , figure otu their network settings and they dont have to do anything and they won't let me ). The only cafe I found that lets me plug in my laptop ( and they have an empty cable and ethernet cable for this) is the internet cafe in the bottom of "Flipper House" hotel on Soi 7 which is easily walkable in 5 minutes or less. I think the price there is the same as most cafes - 60 baht/hr.