Hospitals in Nakhon Si Thammarat stop using China’s Lepu ATKs due to high error rate

snoop1130

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree ...........    everything folks buy on Shopee, Lazada and in the shops here is ALL CHINESE junk.

it works for a week then stops working, or breaks.

China has zero quality control or assurance.

Covid worked 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fangless said:

Dis they retest the "non infected" group?

Good question - whilst fifty percent false positives are bad enough, cos. of of wasted time, effort, and expense, false negatives would be a greater concern from a virus containment perspective.

• Thanks 2

The thing is the organisation that was against buying these tests said they would run tests on them to show they were bad. This has not happened i gues the organisation that bought them pressured them not too.

Now we got tests that do not work good even though the buyers said it would be good. I wonder if anything comes of this. Probably not.

5 hours ago, nausea said:

Good question - whilst fifty percent false positives are bad enough, cos. of of wasted time, effort, and expense, false negatives would be a greater concern from a virus containment perspective.

50% accuracy is basically the same as a flip of a coin. The article does not mentioned the accuracy of false negatives. It could be the same for all we know. 

• Like 1

so now it's a choice between 80b per the very same ATK (which I have bought already at bulk at large pharmacy) and 2500-3000 baht for PCR test at health clinics.

Those ATK's I can afford to have every few days, so far I am doing them every 4-5 days. Those PCR I won't ever do, before my ATK shows positive and if I feel under the weather. Too expensive to do them at will. Insurance doesn't cover it, unless positive.

PCR's in thailand are most probably also made in china, as well as antibody tests (the same company, Lupu, makes them), just for different purpose, and certainly different price.

ATK's suppose to be for personal, home use. In the West they are free to everybody 2 per week, or more, if needed.

They are good enough as they are. If positive often needs PCR confirmation. But in thailand they are good for starting isolation, treatment and even hospitalisation.

For hospital use, for medical personel, probably there should be other, more reliable tests. Most probably there is a choice