Whatsapp - whats happened ?

Speedo1968

I have ( had ) Whatsapp and LINE on both android phone and my Windows laptop.
Whatsapp I use for UK and have been using for a few years.
I have LINE on both phone and laptop.
I normally use laptop as is easier for me to type.

Yesterday 6th October both working fine, this morning Thurs 7th Oct Whatsapp is not working on laptop but is fine on phone.
When I go to the Whatsapp web site I try to download again but it doesn't work.
Any ideas ?

18 hours ago, Stocky said:

Whatsapp wouldn't load on my laptop yesterday too, but I just downloaded and reinstalled over the existing installation and it was working fine.

https://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Thanks Stocky,     I have tried downloading but it doesnt download, have to find QR code online and point my phone at my laptop.     Never had this issue before,its similar to that with LINE except with LINE I dont need to go to the internet just point phone at  laptop

On 10/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, Speedo1968 said:

Thanks Stocky,     I have tried downloading but it doesnt download, have to find QR code online and point my phone at my laptop.     Never had this issue before,its similar to that with LINE except with LINE I dont need to go to the internet just point phone at  laptop

OP

Tried downloading again from this website - doesnt work.
I have to try to conect QR code which only works once, then when I try to use again doesnt work have to find QR site agaain.
Previously I had it working fine, about 2 years now whatever I do it doesnt work.
Any more ideas please

Just for your information:

About multi-device beta

Now you can use WhatsApp on up to four companion devices at one time, but can only have one phone connected to your WhatsApp account at one time.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/download-and-installation/about-multi-device-beta/?lang=en

(I did use this version for a couple of weeks, but found I prefer the WhatsApp Web version)

OP
As with my Android phone I switch on an load my laptop, then point phone at laptop, works fine, then try to get Whatsapp to work but it hasen't.

Yesterday I tried so many different things that I am confused what worked and what didn't but finally got it to work.

This morning I tried to load Whatsapp before the phone and it is working.
I have tried closing Whatsapp and restarting and it is fine.

My hand is sometimes not steady and I make errors on the phone, so laptop is Ideal.

As a further question:-

I would like to use a banking app on my phone but due to my finger control might hit a wrong key, is it possible to use a Thai bank one as I do for my UK accounts ?