Secondhand English Language books

mls

Hi, I don't believe there are any second hand English language bookshops in Pattaya any more, which is a shame.

However, I have a large amount of books that need to go to a good home, so was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that would be happy to take them, such as schools or libraries, if there are any.

They are all adult level English in varying condition, so would be suitable probably for 6th form up in terms of English reading skills.

Would be really grateful if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

mls

• Like 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

Please note that Canterbury Tales do not hand over cash for books but give a credit for you to use in the shop.

That's fine. I don't want any money for them, just want them to go to a good home if at all possible.

• Like 2

Canterbury's was still open a couple weeks ago when I rode past there. 

Awhile ago I weeded out all the "duplicates" in my meagre collection and took them there. As noted above, they give you "store credit" for them. I did find a number of books I wanted so it worked out.

You can also hang out and have a coffee at the front of the shop while ogling the massage parlour girls across the street.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9288902,100.8853925,3a,60.4y,21.44h,87t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1smUSuucO_FBzAglY_E8x5zQ!2e0!5s20201001T000000!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

The street it's on is officially Soi Chalermphrakiat 25, formerly known as Soi Chaiyapoon (as the "Chaiyapoon Inn" was probably the main business on the soi when they first named it, the way soi Post Office and Soi Diana Inn got their names) and informally known as "Soi Pothole" as it is in really bad condition.

Untitled.jpg.0f0ed1913e0091fab9270a9de1748307.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Asanee Yutta said:

I’m interested!

Do you have a list of your books?

or are you planning to sell the whole batch away?

I'm afraid too many to list but am planning to sell or donate everything anyway. If there's anything that you are particularly looking for let me know and I will check. 

If you like Henry Williamson as an author, I have the full 15 volume set of a Chronicle of Golden Sunlight which I would like to pass on as one item as it took some time to collect so the condition is variable.