"EZ RJ45" anyone used them? Thoughts?

Crossy

Another member pointed me at these after he had "used up" a significant number of the regular closed-end plugs (that he "borrowed" from me).

Sort out the wires before you crimp then trim off the ends.

Anyone tried them?

Are they really has handy as they look for those who just can't get the wires in right?

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i1752260238-s5063624392.html

a0dff7bd3c2367b180ca14475c8288ec.jpeg_22

• Like 2

Just now, KannikaP said:

Not tried, but I doubt if I would ever need 50 CAT6 cables (2 plugs per cable) in my entire life.

That's what I thought when I bought the bag of 100 "regular" ones :whistling:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Not tried, but I doubt if I would ever need 50 CAT6 cables (2 plugs per cable) in my entire life.

I thought so as well, but looking through the house and it is mostly via CAT6. Yes I got the Asus AiMesh Router system but still prefer to use cabling for my Media Players / NAS's / TV's / Security System etc etc and it adds up in the end, oke not yet 50 in total but slowly getting there ????

• Like 2

Yes, I have these and they are a welcome relief from the closed end ones. Much easier to use.

A story,,,,,,,,,,I gave a friend some old style closed end ones to install on his new cables. He called me and said how on earth do you get these correct and get the right wires in the right spot? I said I have something that might work better for you. So, I gave him some of the new open end ones to try,,,,,,,,,,,,a few days later he called me and said why di you not give me those the first time?  I told him I wanted him to have the experience  of using the old ones before these new ones.

The open ended are really nice to use.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Yes, I have these and they are a welcome relief from the closed end ones. Much easier to use.

A story,,,,,,,,,,I gave a friend some old style closed end ones to install on his new cables. He called me and said how on earth do you get these correct and get the right wires in the right spot? I said I have something that might work better for you. So, I gave him some of the new open end ones to try,,,,,,,,,,,,a few days later he called me and said why di you not give me those the first time?  I told him I wanted him to have the experience  of using the old ones before these new ones.

The open ended are really nice to use.

Hmm, that totally echos my experience with my friend. He's used up WAY too many of the regular type. Just ordered a bag of the linked ones.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Hmm, that totally echos my experience with my friend. He's used up WAY too many of the regular type. Just ordered a bag of the linked ones.

I will add that I also bought the crimp tool that also cuts the leads off the end when it gets crimped so no messing around with the end of the wires.

Yes, I've used these almost exclusively for a few years.

Much easier than the conventional method, where you finally get all 8 wires into the right slot (right side up), only to drop the plug while reaching for the crimper.

Always pull an extra two meters.

I did order them on Lazada.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, BritManToo said:

My thoughts are 400bht for 100 is a bit expensive.

These are 150bht for 100 .........

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/rj45-cat5e-100-6040-rj45-h-i1057392302-s2359612399.html?&search=pdp_v2v

I use loads as my rabbits are always chomping through my network cables.

Not the same - Cat6 has thicker gauge and bigger holes, although I’m sure you are going to tell me you can use them.

Probably an urban myth, that you need Cat6 jacks, it’s not like we are running 10gig. 

My initial thoughts when I viewed the link to Lazada I thought they were expensive for what they are .. for me, I don’t have issues with the traditional style. I used to be in structured cabling which is an intense industry, a lot of pressure to terminate ends at speed with minimal error. I appreciate the new style are better for some, certainly not any worse. 

How do the rabbits get to the cable? are you running external cables without conduit .. just asking because again, a big price difference in internal / external  cable.

23 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Probably an urban myth, that you need Cat6 jacks, it’s not like we are running 10gig. 

How do the rabbits get to the cable? are you running external cables without conduit .. just asking because again, a big price difference in internal / external  cable.

Google says Cat5e good for gigabit home lan which is what I have.

As for the vermin problem ........ we can climb and jump ..........

IMG_20211013_134917.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looks like your PCs have been breeding like ... rabbits :whistling:

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMG_20211013_134917.jpg

When you have mentioned rabbits in the past, I thought you were talking about wild ones. 

On 10/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, Crossy said:

Another member pointed me at these after he had "used up" a significant number of the regular closed-end plugs (that he "borrowed" from me).

Sort out the wires before you crimp then trim off the ends.

Anyone tried them?

Are they really has handy as they look for those who just can't get the wires in right?

I can’t actually report as I haven’t yet used the supply of RJ45 plugs, covers, striping tool and crimping tool that cost $35 from AliExpress and arrived last week. But I was confident enough to place the order. I’m not at all sure that looking for the lowest cost plugs is a good idea

6F5B67CA-EBCE-496A-B5CC-26E4AF980136.jpeg

• Like 1