90 days to 1 year retirement visa question.

Retirement extensions are normally done the same business day, max 1 day, never heard about anything more. IF they tell you that it takes longer, then you should point them to the expiration day of your current permission to stay and kindly ask them for an extension stamp until you return.

6 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Retirement extensions are normally done the same business day, max 1 day, never heard about anything more. IF they tell you that it takes longer, then you should point them to the expiration day of your current permission to stay and kindly ask them for an extension stamp until you return.

Thanks for the reply.

This will be my first retirement visa since getting back to Thailand after the Covid carry on so its not an extension per se. Its converting the 90 day visa into the full one year. 

I seem to remember my last retirement visa involving my passport being sent to Bangkok which did take time, it definately didnt happen on the same day.

I wont name the immigration office but they truly add new meaning to unhelpful.

24 minutes ago, jonny on the spot said:

Thanks for the reply.

This will be my first retirement visa since getting back to Thailand after the Covid carry on so its not an extension per se. Its converting the 90 day visa into the full one year. 

I seem to remember my last retirement visa involving my passport being sent to Bangkok which did take time, it definately didnt happen on the same day.

I wont name the immigration office but they truly add new meaning to unhelpful.

there is no conversion from a 90 day visa entry to a 1 year extension, your visa will be finished and you will receive a 1 year extension of the 90 day stamp you got on entry ( or at local immigration office).

your on a 90 day entry stamp issued  either on arrival or at local immigration, in the last 30 days of that stamp you need to apply for a 1 year extension 1,900 thb, immigration will not keep your passport other than maybe overnight, all offices stamp retirement extensions at their own office, sometimes a senior officer is not present, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

there is no conversion from a 90 day visa entry to a 1 year extension, your visa will be finished and you will receive a 1 year extension of the 90 day stamp you got on entry ( or at local immigration office).

your on a 90 day entry stamp issued  either on arrival or at local immigration, in the last 30 days of that stamp you need to apply for a 1 year extension 1,900 thb, immigration will not keep your passport other than maybe overnight, all offices stamp retirement extensions at their own office, sometimes a senior officer is not present, 

Thank you, so again my original question. On friday i went to the immigration office and for various reasons the first appointment was Nov 2, my 90 days runs out on Nov 10. In your experience that will be enough time?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, jonny on the spot said:

Thank you, so again my original question. On friday i went to the immigration office and for various reasons the first appointment was Nov 2, my 90 days runs out on Nov 10. In your experience that will be enough time?

Thanks again.

Why is the "first appointment Nov 2".

Which immigration office.

BTW which method are you using for extension based on Retirement. Money in the bank? Seasoned for 2 months on day of application? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why is the "first appointment Nov 2".

Which immigration office.

BTW which method are you using for extension based on Retirement. Money in the bank? Seasoned for 2 months on day of application? 

Im not going to mention the office, they truly are a collection of unhelpful <deleted>. My last retirement visa was at Chonburi, faultless process. This office have turned the whole thing into an over complicated circus.

Home visit from 3 immigration officers, marriage certificates even though its a retirement visa and seriously a folder full of documents and photo copies i just left to my wife to gather.

Anyway yes money in the bank, been there years.

First appointment 2 Nov was blamed on local elections this week, 2 public holidays apparently and "queue full". My wife works in local government and even she was stunned at the performance when we left that office.

Edited by jonny on the spot
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jonny on the spot said:

Thanks again.

2nd nov for the 10th is plenty of time to do a retirement yearly extension using money in the bank, first 90 day report will be due 90 days after application, first extension counts as a 90 day report.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, steve187 said:

2nd nov for the 10th is plenty of time to do a retirement yearly extension using money in the bank, first 90 day report will be due 90 days after application, first extension counts as a 90 day report.

Nice one cheers mate appreciated.

Edited by jonny on the spot

2 hours ago, jonny on the spot said:

Home visit from 3 immigration officers, marriage certificates even though its a retirement visa and...

...and why are they asking for marriage certs etc for an extension of stay based on retirement? 

• Like 2