Jump to content

Water filter residue.


Recommended Posts

Obviously a leak. The residue is either chlorine, calcium or salt. If you don'y have a salt chlorinator then its one of the other 2. If it is chlorine then you are running the ppm way too high. Calcium is a problem in most parts of Thailand.

If you are in the general Pats area PM to chat!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 10/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, Bagwain said:

Obviously a leak. The residue is either chlorine, calcium or salt. If you don'y have a salt chlorinator then its one of the other 2. If it is chlorine then you are running the ppm way too high. Calcium is a problem in most parts of Thailand.

If you are in the general Pats area PM to chat!

 

 

 

Chlorine is a gas. Chloride is a soluble anion. Most probable cause is calcium deposition.

Test by running water over the deposit. If it dissolves, it's salt. If it fizzes when vinegar is applied, it's calcium carbonate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:04 AM, Lacessit said:

Chlorine is a gas. Chloride is a soluble anion. Most probable cause is calcium deposition.

Test by running water over the deposit. If it dissolves, it's salt. If it fizzes when vinegar is applied, it's calcium carbonate.

...I agree.  But the visible build up of sediment comes from evaporation of moisture leaving the salt and minerals behind to build up until its visible, so it seem like leaks are the culprit, the moisture evaporates and the build up comes over time whatever your chemical levels - but it's a good idea the the pH right, then total alkalinity, then chlorine.  I recommend a chlorinator if you don't have one already. PM me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bobholds said:

...I agree.  But the visible build up of sediment comes from evaporation of moisture leaving the salt and minerals behind to build up until its visible, so it seem like leaks are the culprit, the moisture evaporates and the build up comes over time whatever your chemical levels - but it's a good idea the the pH right, then total alkalinity, then chlorine.  I recommend a chlorinator if you don't have one already. PM me.

PS.  Dump you chlorine tablet dispenser as soon as you can afford a chlorinator. PM me with your pool dimensions & I will select the best machine for your pool and calculate how much start up salt you need..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I throw a handful of simple chlorine - the one without cyanuric acid - once a week (if I do not forget) in overflow tank where from it is slowly dissolved taken by the pump through the filter into pool.

No problem with any residua, nor with algae, they are taken care of by other means.    

Edited by Saanim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...