Question about duration of the flight ticket and a visa

Hello,

I have a question, might be a stupid one but an honest one. if i booked a flight ticket for less then 30 days but wish to apply in my embassy for a TR visa will they then look at the ticket and go like "your flying for less then 30 days you don't need no TR visa so we decline your request"?

thanks in advance.

58 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Usually they only ask for your ticket into Thailand, not for the ticket out of Thailand, so how would they even know?

But many embassies and official consulates want to see ticket out of the country within 60 days.

They certainly would not deny a tourist visa for having one that is less than 30 days.

well i did it because of covid. but i do know 100% that back in 2014 when i flew to thailand, i had only a 1 way ticket the airline company didn't want to let in but as i showed that i have a TR visa in passport she went for a few minutes to talk with someone and then they said ok.

19 minutes ago, drori said:

well i did it because of covid. but i do know 100% that back in 2014 when i flew to thailand, i had only a 1 way ticket the airline company didn't want to let in but as i showed that i have a TR visa in passport she went for a few minutes to talk with someone and then they said ok.

She didn't know airline rules.

If you have a visa or reentry permit, proof of onward flight is not required. 

The onward flight most often is required by the airline if flying to Thailand visa exempt.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

She didn't know airline rules.

If you have a visa or reentry permit, proof of onward flight is not required. 

The onward flight most often is required by the airline if flying to Thailand visa exempt.

yup she didn't know indeed haha. well my only concern which i know sound stupid is that thai embassy will go "why TR visa if your going for less then 60 days?" but thats over now and flight booked 7/9/22 ????

13 minutes ago, drori said:

yup she didn't know indeed haha. well my only concern which i know sound stupid is that thai embassy will go "why TR visa if your going for less then 60 days?" but thats over now and flight booked 7/9/22 ????

That was never an issue.

BTW: I'm not sure how things work now with tourist visas to Thailand, however several + years ago I was never required to show onward flight for tourist visa application.

I realize it can vary depending on where you apply.

All that was required was proof of flight INTO Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That was never an issue.

BTW: I'm not sure how things work now with tourist visas to Thailand, however several + years ago I was never required to show onward flight for tourist visa application.

I realize it can vary depending on where you apply.

All that was required was proof of flight INTO Thailand.

well they didn't but due to covid stuff i dont mind shelling the extra few 300 as it's not what'll break me but it is a shame indeed

1 hour ago, drori said:

well they didn't but due to covid stuff i dont mind shelling the extra few 300 as it's not what'll break me but it is a shame indeed

Have you already bought one? If not grab a $12-15 throwaway.

12 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have you already bought one? If not grab a $12-15 throwaway.

well im scared to have problems with 1. the embassy when doing the app for TR visa.

2. when boarding the plane.

but anyway my flight is still long time head in september so wouldn't buy a throwaway now anyways. and yup i already bought one but thanks anyways ????

• Like 1