Covid PCR test in Chiang Mai

bamboozled

13 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Well I got a response from  HCMC on Hang Dong Rd and I've been there before. They can set an appt. for me and get it done all in a day so I think I'll go that route. Maybe this info will help someone.

Please elaborate.  What is HCMC?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Health Care Medical Clinic...yes, not a very memorable name. If you google HCMC Hand Dong Rd, you will get there.

Opposite the Geriatric Hospital...????️‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cmmedclinic.com

I have used them twice this year.  Swab at 0900 and lab result emailed by 1500.  

COVID-19 PCR TESTING COSTING 2800 THAI BAHT WITH SAMEDAY RESULTS AVAILABLE AT OUR CHIANG MAI CLINIC. SINCE MAY 2020 CM MEDICLINIC HAS BEEN PROVIDING CONVENIENT FAST TRACK GOVERNMENT ACCREDITED COVID-19 SCREENING WITH A DRIVE-UP, RIDE-UP OR WALK-UP, SWAB TESTING PROGRAM IN OUR CAR PARKING AREA OUTSIDE THE FRONT OF OUR MEDICAL CLINIC.

X

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 2

I have been making a few enquiries and CM  Ram hospital seems to be the best option , go before 8 AM and get the results by lunchtime , go at midday and get the results in the evening . Open every day and no need to make an appointment 

3500 Baht and they seemed to be the most professional . Some other places were unsure about the procedure and needed a doctor to take a swab test . 

• Like 2

Some good info here, thanks all! I'm sure it will help a few people. I knew about the CM Mediclinic. It is the first to pop up on a google search. Price is the same as HCMC and since I've been before to HCMC I think I'll opt for that one. I didn't know about RAM. That's a quick turnaround and could be useful because the timing is so crucial. Cheers all!

Hey folks, to revive the thread... For travelers to the US, if I'm not mistaken, what I'm reading at this moment is a PCR test is not required. That is, an antigen test is sufficient as long as it is certified by a doctor/hospital. On my first google search, I found that Bangkok Hospital offers this for 700 baht and I'm sure there are others, too. I'm going to shore up my research as I was convinced a PCR test was needed but the CDC webpage says an antigen test is sufficient. This is good news.

Edited by bamboozled
  • Like 1

Word of caution!!

Some countries will require the test certificate to have a QR code.

The Bangkok Hospital Chaing Mai certificate doesn't have one.

My test cert was refused at check in, in Bangkok, I missed my flight, had to get another test at Princ Hospital in Bangkok and fly the next day.

An unexpected curve ball!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OnTheLash said:

Word of caution!!

Some countries will require the test certificate to have a QR code.

The Bangkok Hospital Chaing Mai certificate doesn't have one.

My test cert was refused at check in, in Bangkok, I missed my flight, had to get another test at Princ Hospital in Bangkok and fly the next day.

An unexpected curve ball!!

To which country were you flying?