Phuket Poppy Appeal 2021

pagallim

Getting towards that time of year again, and thoughts turn towards Remembrance.   As with many other things at the moment in Thailand, there is no clarity at the on what will be taking place in the form of commemoration this year.   The norm would be for a British Embassy sponsored ceremony at the British Club in Bangkok on Sunday 14th November, and for the Royal British Legion having their ceremony in Kanchanaburi on the 11th November.   Whether either of these events will actually be permitted to happen is far from certain.

Likewise the Poppy Appeal in Phuket, and where people can obtain poppies.   Some previous venues may no longer be open, so I intend to add to this thread once I can confirm which businesses or establishments are going to host the collection, and I would anticipate distributing material the weekend of 30th/31sth October.   If you would like further information or would be willing to take some poppies and a collection box, please PM me.   Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poppies and related material now available from the following locations (more will be added to this list over the next few days):

Happy Days (Chalong)

The Green Man (Chalong)

Chalong Fishing Park (Rawai)

Food For Foreignors (Rawai)

The Islander (Rawai)

Again, anyone wishing to participate in the appeal by hosting poppies and a collection box, please message me.

• Thanks 1

An update to the list of locations where poppies and related material will be available:

Happy Days (Chalong)

The Green Man (Chalong)

Chalong Fishing Park (Rawai)

Food For Foreignors (Rawai)

The Islander (Rawai)

The Tavern (Kata)

Angus O'Tool's (Karon)

The Walkabout (Karon)

The Halfway Inn (Patong)

The Expat Hotel (Patong)

Heroes (Patong)

The Aussie Pub (Kamala)