Just got my second Jab today and the Mor Prom App doesn't work

Jaws1973

My Wife and I just got our second AZ jab today at a private hospital in Bangkok.

Upon downloading the Mor Prom App, my Wife's details worked fine however I kept getting a quick error message which popped up (in Thai) after entering my 13 digit ID and telephone number.   Thinking that some of my details were entered in error, I called the hospital, but they confirmed that that my telephone number etc. were correct in the system.

Does anyone else have this issue or any ideas on how to proceed?

• Haha 1

Mine wouldn't work either , kept saying phone number was wrong. I always check stuff like this before leaving establishments.

I showed one of the vaccine admin girls, she took my details and came back 20 mins later and it was working.

I think somebody had entered my phone number incorrectly into the system.

Had the problem with the Mor Phrom app not recognising my phone number, after trying for several days after 2nd jab.

Checked with hospital and Mor Phrom help desk and the phone number linked to jab registration was correct. Mor Phrom help desk suggested we register using Line app and everything worked, including Mor Phrom app.

57 minutes ago, PBob said:

Had the problem with the Mor Phrom app not recognising my phone number, after trying for several days after 2nd jab.

Checked with hospital and Mor Phrom help desk and the phone number linked to jab registration was correct. Mor Phrom help desk suggested we register using Line app and everything worked, including Mor Phrom app.

Thanks for the advice...any tips on how to find/use the Line App.  I tried searching in Line for both Mor Phrom and came up with nothing related...

It took days for it to show up on my wife’s Mor Phrom (the hospital told us 3 days, but that was optimistic). First to come to the app was the jab info, days later for the certificate.

How do you print the certificate?

24 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I will have my 2nd Astra vaccine on 24th.

Which app is it? 

Mor Chana or Ministry of Public Health.

Those 2 come up on Play Store.

Search for “mor phrom”. That should locate it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why do you need an app? The paper print out from the hospital has all the info such as name, address, the 6+ number, vaccine date and type and batch number.

The app is far more convenient to show proof than a piece of paper....lose/damage paper and what do you do....register through the app and its stored for ever,plus Thai,s can readily recognise it...no brainer.

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

The app is far more convenient to show proof than a piece of paper....lose/damage paper and what do you do....register through the app and its stored for ever,plus Thai,s can readily recognise it...no brainer.

Well, for something that is pretty important I am making sure that my paper proof won't get lost or torn. It's in a protective bag and stored in a drawer until I need it. I also won't lose it if my phone gets lost or stolen. BTW, Thais can also recognise the paper version as it's not only in Thai but in English too. I don't know if the app is bilingual as, like others, I couldn't get it to work. The paper one always works. I will, though, visit where I had my jabs and see if they can sort out the app problem.

So, it's a no brainer for me to use the always working, no matter what, paper version. But that's me. I realise that, these days, many like to use apps even though they might be less efficient.

The lady at Bang Sue told me that my passport number would work with Mor Phrom.   It doesn't.  What can I do to get a vaccine certificate?  I will get a flu shot at Bumrungrad soon.  Can I get the certificate from them?

I have seen how my local Immigration office treats peoples' personal information, using it as scrap paper with no respect or regard to the security or privacy of personal details. I will not willingly sign up to any Thai Government app.

21 minutes ago, Drew3223 said:

@Dick Z do you mean a mostly green screen which says Covid 19 Vaccine and test result certificate, and some red Thai writing in a white box?

Does anyone know if this is the equivalent of what we see in Mor Prom app? I cannot seem to register...

Yes, that one. It looks exactly the same as in the app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

What you do is take a photo of the hospital’s paper print out and store it in the cloud so it’s forever accessible from any device… no brainer. 

• Like 1

Some are mentioning a paper print out from the hospital. The Pattaya Hospital wouldn’t give my wife any print out, but said wait three days and it will be on Mor Phrom.

Still wondering how to print out the certificate (of the 8 choices, Vaccine Covid-19 Certificate is choice 3). Her Mor Phrom certificate is mainly in Thai including her name. How will showing it to a Canadian immigration officer be considered adequate information?

6 hours ago, JJBloke said:

I've succeeded, after having the same problems as everybody reports. I've written up what I did on a new thread: I really think this should work, but apologies if there's anyone who it doesn't solve this for : 

After trying to uninstall the app and reinstall repeatedly for the last two days, I just read your thread @JJBloke and decided to try again.  Miraculously it worked perfectly (maybe the updated version fixed these bugs)! Thank you all for the great advice...stay safe and keep well.