Sinovac/ Astra Zeneca combo Vaccinations not recognised as fully vaccinated

skorts

On 10/13/2021 at 11:59 AM, DefaultName said:

Get another dose, AZ or Pfizer, and you're good to go.

Have you done that? If so how please?

All the registration sites for foreigners only apply to unvaccinated? If you already were given SInovac/Sinovac or SInovac/AZ as many foreigners were, they are not allowed to get another dose in the eyes of the government until now and there are no vaccines on sale right now outside of government in private hospitals?

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:40 PM, beano2274 said:

actually you were in part correct, the OP states he has had SInovac, which is not on the UK List, therefore he would have to quarantine at a cost of 2200GBP, and the his wife as well at a reduced cost.

That is not correct. 

We would be treated as “unvaccinated” and have to self-isolate for 10 days as I said in original post. As Thailand came off the U.K. “red list” at 4:00 a.m. on Monday 11th October (U.K. time), there is no requirement to quarantine in a hotel. 

Taken from GOV.UK just now so is 100% up-to-date:

“When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must:

quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days

take your pre-booked COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 – you must book these tests before you travel

If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 travel tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days”.

Edited by skorts

Remarkable how absolutely every post here misses the point.

The actual thing to note is: it doesn't matter.  The UK recognizes *NO* vaccine administered in Thailand to skip quarantine.  It doesn't matter if you got Sinovac or Pfizer from a golden syringe:  you still get to home-quarantine and take tests; the same as when not vaccinated at all.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Remarkable how absolutely every post here misses the point.

The actual thing to note is: it doesn't matter.  The UK recognizes *NO* vaccine administered in Thailand to skip quarantine.  It doesn't matter if you got Sinovac or Pfizer from a golden syringe:  you still get to home-quarantine and take tests; the same as when not vaccinated at all.

It is remarkable how you criticise every other poster for missing the point!

What you state is completely wrong.

If you are going to criticise others than suggest you get your facts straight. 

Taken directly from GOV.U.K. Web site:

Thailand Added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrived in England before then, you must follow the  rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status

20 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Have you done that? If so how please?

All the registration sites for foreigners only apply to unvaccinated? If you already were given SInovac/Sinovac or SInovac/AZ as many foreigners were, they are not allowed to get another dose in the eyes of the government until now and there are no vaccines on sale right now outside of government in private hospitals?

I may have accidentally ticked the unvaccinated box.  ????

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

I may have accidentally ticked the unvaccinated box. 

So you got a booster jab from the Ministry Of Public Health in Pattaya? Whats' the point, the certificates are banned from having more than two doses for foreigners?

In Bangkok AFAIK we have to provide our passport ID on registration sites, no walks ins, and the warning is that if you lie on registration about being vaccinated (and by implication get caught) you are blacklisted from any more free government jabs in future or until you change your ID I guess.

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

So you got a booster jab from the Ministry Of Public Health in Pattaya? Whats' the point, the certificates are banned from having more than two doses for foreigners?

In Bangkok AFAIK we have to provide our passport ID on registration sites, no walks ins, and the warning is that if you lie on registration about being vaccinated (and by implication get caught) you are blacklisted from any more free government jabs in future or until you change your ID I guess.

Certificate on Mor Phrom shows 1 x AZ, 2 x Pfizer.   The AZ was in Bangkok and I didn't want the trip again.  The other 2 ware local.

• Thanks 1

From Bangkok Hospital web-site:

Questions: Can Moderna COVID-19 vaccine be used as a booster dose after 2 doses of Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine were fully given?

Answer: In case that 2 doses of Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine were given: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine should be administered 3 months apart from the second dose of Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine. Only one dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is required after completing two doses of  Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine.

Questions: Can Moderna COVID-19 vaccine be used as a booster dose after 2 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine were fully given?

Answer: Moderna COVID-19 can be administered as a booster (third) dose 6 months after the second dose of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine was given. However, only one dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is required after completing two doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

• Like 1

For reasons not worth going into here, my Missus and I both received Sinopharm jabs earlier this year.

As others have indicated above, Sinopharm is not recognised by the UK authorities. 

**Pre 11 October that would have meant having to serve 10 days in hotel quarantine when we visit the UK (trip planned for Q2 or 3, 2022). 

**Post-11 October, it recenbtly announced rules suggest that we should have to quarantine at home/wherever we're staying in the UK for 10 days.

The second option is non-do-able for us: we no longer have a home in the UK and (costs aside) can't afford the time to be cooped up for 10 days in a single place.

So...  is there another option, i.e. after the Sinopharm has sunk in, report for jabs of Moderna, Pfizer or Astra Zeneca (2 jabs each of whichever is available), and obtain vaccine certificates to that effect. 

Then obtain Passenger Locator Form 48 hours before arrival in England and take Covid test before the end of day 2 in England.  

The procedural side of things seems straightforward, but I wonder about the medical aspects?  Any views? 

Thanks in advance

Edited by yang123

We are in the same position with Sinovac and AstraZeneca. 
We have 2 x Moderna vaccines we reserved and paid a deposit for in June through THG. 

They have advised the Moderna vaccine can be taken as a booster 3 months after the AstraZeneca shot. 
So we could get a booster of Moderna from late November which from everything I have read would mean we would be accepted by the British Government as fully vaccinated. 
However, this is speculation as nobody will have done this yet. 
I am the original OP and I posted on this section as I was hoping the British Consul Team would advise. 
To date, they have not commented. 
I understand the USA now accept both Sinovac and Sinopharm as vaccinated so hopefully the British Government will do the same soon. 

Edited by skorts

On 10/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, yang123 said:

So...  is there another option, i.e. after the Sinopharm has sunk in, report for jabs of Moderna, Pfizer or Astra Zeneca (2 jabs each of whichever is available), and obtain vaccine certificates to that effect. 

At the minute, to the best of my belief, supplies of Pfizer and AstraZenica are controlled by the government. As there is still a demand from many millions of unvaccinated people, the government is not yet ready to give third and fourth shots to people in your circumstance.

Moderna, however, has been purchased by a consortium of private hospitals, for those people who are willing to pay for it.

While the medical opinion in Thailand seems to be that you need only one shot as a booster, this is Thailand, and you may be able to book and pay for a second shot to prove you have received a full course of Moderna.

As the Moderna vaccine had not yet arrived in Thailand, only time will tell. As supply issues resolve themselves and the vaccine becomes plentiful, your options should broaden considerably.

• Like 1