Bangkok Pattaya Hospital vaccination confusion

chilly07

Got an sms to get a Pfizer jab at Central Festival on 18/10. Already had an AZ on the 18/8 at with a further appointment on 10/11 all in block D BPH. Did previously fill in a enquiry form at BPH to register future interest in Pfizer where they said they didn't have any but wanted to see  how many wanted it. Thought good idea as booster shot in the new year. Rang BPH and told them all this and they claimed IT error and I should stick with AZ on 10/11. 

As BPH had closed pre-registration on Thailand Intervac I assume they found they had more Pfizer than they thought and hence the SMS today. Presume more people have also been called into Central Festival at short notice? I think administering vaccine roll out is holding the rate down not lack of vaccines?

I had an AZ jab in August and told my next one would be in Oct.

Then they did the Pfizer registration. I got an SMS and went to Central Festival at the appointed time, only to be told that as I'd already had a shot of something else, they wouldn't give me a Pfizer shot.

Now it's almost 3 months later and I'm still waiting to get a 2nd shot (of anything). Registered (with BHP again) for the Moderna (sometime early next year). Also registered with a different hospital chain for a Moderna shot that was supposed to happen this month.

Meanwhile most of my Thai friends have had their 2 initial shots (usually Sinovac) and a third booster shot (AZ I think) already.

At this rate, I'll be the last person in Thailand to be fully vaccinated despite all my efforts (and cash paid). I was expecting to be fully jabbed by now with 2-3 different vaccines.

I'll ask the doc at BHP again when I go see him tomorrow morning. 

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I got my first jab 10 weeks ago, AZ at BPH. They sent me an SMS for 2nd jab next week, 12 weeks later at Central Festival. Choice of vaccines at this stage is irrelevant as we will all require shots, probably annually, as with flu. We can exercise choice in the future.

Edited by The Hammer2021

17 hours ago, petermik said:

A rather long wait............?

Not for me...rolled up at Central without an appointment, got my Pfizer shot straight alway, waited three weeks and got my second Pfizer shot at Central with my certificate....easy peasy....????????????????????????

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why tell me? What's your point? My jab is 21st October.

He wasn't "telling you" - he was replying to another poster that said they were getting their 2nd jab in August 2022 (i.e. next year). (He probably meant October 2021.)

• Like 1

Just now, chicowoodduck said:

Not for me...rolled up at Central without an appointment, got my Pfizer shot straight alway, waited three weeks and got my second Pfizer shot at Central with my certificate....easy peasy....????????????????????????

I guess the thing to do is not tell them you've already had a shot of something. Not sure if they even check to see if they've already jabbed you with something else. I suspect they don't know as they sent me an SMS about getting a Pfizer shot even though they'd jabbed me with a shot of AZ 3 weeks earlier. (But as I was honest and told them when I was at Central Festival, they turned me away from getting a Pfizer shot.)

On 10/14/2021 at 7:26 AM, petermik said:

August 24 has been and gone.......until 2022.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Why tell me? What's your point? My jab is 21st October.

Read back a few posts and it will explain itself.....and there would have been no reason for you to reply...nothing to do with you...don,t get yer knickers in a twist LOL

I personally cannot complain at all about the Process with Expatvac

Registered 25 Sept ( been waiting it out for hopefully better vaccine to come along )

Got SMS from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital on 13 th October

Vaccinated with first Jab of Pfizer at Central Festival Pattaya on 14 th October.

Next appointment 04 Nov for second Pfizer jab.

A truly superb service.

Thank you

On 10/15/2021 at 6:43 AM, Kerryd said:

I guess the thing to do is not tell them you've already had a shot of something. Not sure if they even check to see if they've already jabbed you with something else.

I tried that back at a private hospital in BKK a couple months back, after I had received my first AZ vaccine via the government's program, and was hoping to get the second shot as a Pfizer vaccine.

At the time a couple months back, I got registered and went thru all the preliminaries at the private hospital for the second shot being Pfizer. But just before the last stop to actually get the shot, I had to sit down with a guy hooked up to a computer terminal who took my passport number and promptly pronounced that I could NOT get a Pfizer shot because I'd already received one AZ shot, and would have to wait for the 2nd dose of AZ.

Now, since then, they supposedly have laid out plans to allow for mixed doses here in Thailand, including for farangs. But just how and if that's really being implemented, I've lost track of the ability to keep up with that one, other than for Sinovac recipients where they've clearly gone to 2nd doses and booster shots of AZ or other.

On 10/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, Cake Monster said:

I personally cannot complain at all about the Process with Expatvac

Registered 25 Sept ( been waiting it out for hopefully better vaccine to come along )

Got SMS from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital on 13 th October

Vaccinated with first Jab of Pfizer at Central Festival Pattaya on 14 th October.

Next appointment 04 Nov for second Pfizer jab.

A truly superb service.

Thank you

My experience similar except AZ vaccine and I never registered with anybody. BPH rang me up, presumably registered my interest and made an appointment a few days later..

On 10/15/2021 at 9:31 AM, petermik said:

Read back a few posts and it will explain itself.....and there would have been no reason for you to reply...nothing to do with you...don,t get yer knickers in a twist LOL

I think you are confused about to whom you have been responding and why. I queried the reason and purpose for your communication as you seem to have attributed a confusion over dates to me. Please address your remarks to the appropriate poster and don't get your parties in a bunch. You are trying to be either funny or 'clever'  but have failed. lol