Pattaya ready for ‘re-opening’ with five major scheduled main events for November and December, says they will happen

snoop1130

A measured and gradual opening of Pattaya would be a more sensible option.

A series of potential superspreader events would be great short-term but might be damaging in the longer term. I say this based on what happened last year: the fireworks show had 100,000 visitors over 2 days, the music festival was scaled back as Covid re-emerged then Christmas and New Year events were completely cancelled as Covid tightened its grip. Of course, vaccines are in play this year so things might be different.

When does a calculated risk become a reckless gamble?

• Like 1

Yep all the major airlines have laid on extra flights, thousands of extra immigration staff at the airport.

Jet skis taken out of storage and freshly damaged for the tourists donations to the benevolent funds of men in uniform.

Welcome to Thailands Covid experience, miniscule testing for a population largely vaccinated with Sinovac and the virus raging away unabated nationwide......

Book your flights and as Pinocchio requested spread the word.........Deluded!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kelboy said:

Don't worry nobody is coming. 

I'm sure thousands of "Gungthepians"  will drive to these events causing the horrendous traffic of yesteryears  and providing a very temporary shot in the arm for Pattaya   as we see at Jomtien beach on the weekends/long holidays.

6 hours ago, Iforbach said:

Exactly hundreds watchin fireworks eg    12 people in open bar noooooo ..not possible ..madness 

Last time I went to one of these it was drinking on the Beach.... 7-11s were doing a roaring trade. Then stopped off at a bar on the way back to the hotel. 

19 hours ago, Iforbach said:

Exactly hundreds watchin fireworks eg    12 people in open bar noooooo ..not possible ..madness 

The bars left standing are farang owned bars who are still paying rent.  Why would they care about opening them up any time soon?  

On 10/15/2021 at 4:06 AM, RichardColeman said:

Look I want to get back to the wife, but I am also conscious of the need to take things steady. Rushing to have any 'main events' or mass gatherings is plain nuts.

Also what makes this clown think that vaccinated, quarantined and tested twice tourists, will want to mix with mostly mass unvaccinated and untested Thais ?

I feel sorry for her. How did you explain she is not worth the cost of 7 nights on a tropical island.? 

I am so over all this covid mania. Open everything up immediately and give people the choice to make their own judgement on risk. If you are a very unhealthy individual who has one or more of the extremely well documented health conditions that make covid deadly stay home. I dont really think the superspreader fears are valid anymore. Its been spreading through the population for many months at 10000 a day or more reported, figure the daily unreported is many times that. Theres plenty of natural immunity out there now aswell as vaccine protection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

I am so over all this covid mania. Open everything up immediately and give people the choice to make their own judgement on risk. If you are a very unhealthy individual who has one or more of the extremely well documented health conditions that make covid deadly stay home. I dont really think the superspreader fears are valid anymore. Its been spreading through the population for many months at 10000 a day or more reported, figure the daily unreported is many times that. Theres plenty of natural immunity out there now aswell as vaccine protection.

What are you nagging us for... heard it all before, multiple times, and not in a position to do anything about it.

Is it just me or has something been lost in the translation again?

Opening up, in govt terms seems to imply a airport is open.

To locals it means nothing unless they can work with customers.

Same same bottom line. None of my old partying crowd will likely ever come again. Girlriends $$ now bye-bye.

Yup, something that wasn't broken sure got fixed.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, RichardColeman said:

Also what makes this clown think that vaccinated, quarantined and tested twice tourists, will want to mix with mostly mass unvaccinated and untested Thais ?

I'm fully vaccinated. Can't speak for anyone else, but I could not care less about the vaccination status of anyone around me. Won't impact my decisions or comfort level at all. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 11:39 PM, Leaver said:

Why is that?

Bloke, do you live here in Thailand? Naturally my mates will not come. Buy beer from a 7/11 or a wholesale outlet and sit in hotel room.

Bar girls need more than that. Ridiculous comment.

Everything is closed, shuttered and filthy. Nice place to live for me away from the rubbish, but it ain't party time any more for a tourist.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:36 AM, Lucky Bones said:

Bloke, do you live here in Thailand? Naturally my mates will not come. Buy beer from a 7/11 or a wholesale outlet and sit in hotel room.

Bar girls need more than that. Ridiculous comment.

Everything is closed, shuttered and filthy. Nice place to live for me away from the rubbish, but it ain't party time any more for a tourist.

Bloke, is English your first language? 

I simply asked why your friends will never come back to Pattaya? 

Yes, I live here, and see the economic devastation.  Will it go back to pre covid conditions as soon as borders open, of course not, but it will not stay a deserted city forever.  It will take several years to go anywhere near what it was pre covid.

Do you and / or your friends think it will NEVER return to anywhere near pre covid conditions?  If so, why?