Traveling out of country and back on a one year volunteer visa

That's how it is supposed to be yes. No one can tell you though if they'll ask you any questions on your way back, such as where do you volunteer and do you have any proof of that? At least, not I have seen on the forum. Hopefully, airport immigration officers are less difficult right now.

Out of curiosity, what are the current requirements to enter Cambodia from Thailand?

Edited by BKKTRAVELER

2 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Out of curiosity, what are the current requirements to enter Cambodia from Thailand?

Not sure, I will probably take this trip in November or December after things have loosened up a bit though

• Haha 1

Also curious about what volunteer work you do, as it was like pulling teeth for me to get one years ago to be a radio host-dj in CNX for a volunteer program

Had to get the lawyer involved who was running the program as I recall the phone convo in BKK as I sat there waiting for them to finally give in and approve it

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Also curious about what volunteer work you do, as it was like pulling teeth for me to get one years ago to be a radio host-dj in CNX for a volunteer program

Had to get the lawyer involved who was running the program as I recall the phone convo in BKK as I sat there waiting for them to finally give in and approve it

Not sure to be honest, my old language school handled the paperwork for me.

You should not have a problem re-entering the country if you get a re-entry permit to keep your extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working as volunteer when valid you enter the country.

I think some people posting here are confusing a extension for attending a school with yours. I have never seen a report of a person working as volunteer having a problem when entering the country but some attending a school have had problems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should not have a problem re-entering the country if you get a re-entry permit to keep your extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working as volunteer when valid you enter the country.

I think some people posting here are confusing a extension for attending a school with yours. I have never seen a report of a person working as volunteer having a problem when entering the country but some attending a school have had problems.

Good to know, thanks. Does it matter that I haven't left the country in 2+ years? I've been year effectively for 7 years, initially doing border runs for ED visas, then switching to a Volunteer visa and renewing it without leaving the country.

There was a post a while ago claiming that people who had got a volunteer visa through an agent were having difficulty going through the COE requirements, even with a reentry permit, due to the authorities asking for additional information regarding the volunteering.

Not sure how true that was, or if it will be the case in the future, but you might want to have a quick search.

• Like 1