Staying in Thailand in November

shartin

Hello All,

Looking at travelling to Thailand in a couple of weeks but seems despite the country opening up there are still a few drawbacks.  Wondering if anyone out there may be able to answer a few questions that have crossed my mind.

Lets assume vaccinated entry with no quarantine on the new pass scheme.

If asymptomatic but test positive for CoVid, can I isolate at home with family or do I get sent to hospital/ASQ.

In the event of an asymptomatic positive test, does insurance cover any quarantine accommodation required, and if so where is this accommodation?

In the evnt of testing positive prior to departing the country and hence requiring a quarantine or self isolation period, what happens if this results in a visa overstay?

If someone I live with tests positive, do I need to self isolate at home or do I get sent to a quarantine facility?

Can I rent a second home to use for self isolation in case required?

With a view to entering Thailand on 1/2 November, is the general feeling that the facilities at Suvarnabhumi be well prepared for the new requirements or would it be wise to stay away for a few days longer?

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone may have ????

Tested positive = hospital for up to 14 days as of now at your own cost. Expect 150K average if not insured or covered by insurance. On hospital discretion they sometimes let people out after a week.

I doubt this will change, might be 7 days in the future but certainly not 'at home'. Thais would cheat.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

if positive asymptomatic it's still hospital, private hospitals have also cheaper option - hospitel.

Most insurers won't cover it, because no medical treatment will be offered.

Thai insurer Dhiphaya does cover quarantine - 850b per year. Also Krungthai Panich Insurance from 420 to 850b per year. And KWG insurance "COVID Secure" from 300 to 500b.

If close to overstay your family can send to immigration hospital documents or hospital can call them.

If somebody positive you self-isolate, you don't have to test, if you don't want to. 

I think airports will be empty for many months, yet prepared for anything 

Edited by internationalism

23 hours ago, shartin said:

If asymptomatic but test positive for CoVid, can I isolate at home with family or do I get sent to hospital/ASQ.

In the event of an asymptomatic positive test, does insurance cover any quarantine accommodation required, and if so where is this accommodation?

In the evnt of testing positive prior to departing the country and hence requiring a quarantine or self isolation period, what happens if this results in a visa overstay?

If someone I live with tests positive, do I need to self isolate at home or do I get sent to a quarantine facility?

Can I rent a second home to use for self isolation in case required?

To my knowledge, based from news articles and a local forum...

If asymptomatic but test positive for CoVid...

You will need to go to hospital, or hospital - most likely the latter if available - perhaps you might be sent to ASQ; the action might be depending of location or province.

In the event of an asymptomatic positive test, does insurance cover...

You need to check the small print in your insurance policy, some news stories have mentioned that the insurance didn't cover the costs if you are not sick.

In the event of testing positive prior to departing the country...

You permission to stay, will be counted from the date of entry; i.e. with a 60-day tourist visa you will get 60 days from the day you enters, which however must be before the date that the visa expires.

If someone I live with tests positive, do I need to self isolate at home...

You would likely also be tested, and if you test positive, you'll be quarantined. If you test negative I cannot answer, might be depending of the regulations in the province.

Can I rent a second home to use for self isolation...

Only if you are allowed to self isolate. You will probably not be allowed that option, but check the regulations in the province you intend to stay in.

In general, any local regulations might change fast with a few days notice.

????