Pfizer shots for 12-17-year olds

Dario

The government has offered Pfizer shots for 12-17-year old teens and said that all of them whose parents have given their consent could all be vaccinated by the end of October. Our daughter (12y 4 months) just received a phone call (at 20:45 in the evening) from her teacher and was told that she should go and get her 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow morning at 08:30, Saturday October 16. Btw, my wife received her 2nd AZ shot today.

Are there any other members of this board whose kids have already received their first shot?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Small update:

Our daughter Amy is since 07:45 at the venue for getting her 1st shot, but at near 10:00 my wife updates me, she is still far away from getting her shot. Students from the whole tambon are there.

It's a far cry from when I got my shots in Khon Kaen which was organized by the Bangkok Hospital Group. Also masses of people like today, but I was in and out within 40 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Received her shot at around 11:00. no parents admitted in that A/C room, only teachers. Only side effect Amy had so far: headache. 2nd shot scheduled for NOV 06, same venue, same mass of people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Son 16 received his yesterday. See my post 

wife and I are both jabbed and the hospital staff were amazing.  Not for the son, last minute notifications from the school  and vaccinating every school in the area on the same day was a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Received her shot at around 11:00. no parents admitted in that A/C room, only teachers. Only side effect Amy had so far: headache. 2nd shot scheduled for NOV 06, same venue, same mass of people. 

She may also expect a sore arm. My son had a sore arm after both pfizer shots. He was also tired after the first. But symptoms were less after the 2nd. Many of my students are being vaccinated today

37 minutes ago, bbko said:

My 14 y/o son is scheduled to get his 1st Pfizer Oct 20 at his international school here in Pattaya, and we were informed the school will reopen Nov 15.

Our daughters school (International) opened 2 weeks ago to normal levels, all year groups attending from pre-school (3 y/o) to year 13 (17-18 y/o). Over 800 students, rapid test once every two weeks. All went well and great to see them all back rather than online learning. They are off next week for half term then return after that. (Phuket). All other Int schools here also opened, around 6 of them 2 weeks ago. No cases been reported as far as I know.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dario said:

The government has offered Pfizer shots for 12-17-year old teens and said that all of them whose parents have given their consent could all be vaccinated by the end of October. Our daughter (12y 4 months) just received a phone call (at 20:45 in the evening) from her teacher and was told that she should go and get her 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow morning at 08:30, Saturday October 16. Btw, my wife received her 2nd AZ shot today.

Are there any other members of this board whose kids have already received their first shot?

Yes. Daughter. 13 years. First Pfizer jab on 14th Oct.

18 hours ago, DavisH said:

She may also expect a sore arm. My son had a sore arm after both pfizer shots. He was also tired after the first. But symptoms were less after the 2nd. Many of my students are being vaccinated today

She does have a sore arm. I didn't mention, because everybody gets that. Yes, maybe more tired than usual.

Edited by Dario
  • Like 1

4 cousins in the village in Issan got theirs last weekend.

Sore arms for the day and no other side effects.

Nice relief as they all live with elderly grandparents.  Hopefully help in reducing transmission.

Yes, my daughter had her first Pfizer shot last week.  (In Chiang Mai). 

My son is not quite 12 years old yet but maybe I can get him Moderna or something.  Although of course children aren't at risk much, but still it'll help to stop spreading the virus to some extent.   (not 100%, but it'll help.)