Trading In Current Car For New Model

What? No pics Corky?!?!

Just kidding, kinda :o

I can't help you there, but what 'experience' were you referring to? Prices? Service? I'd think that you'll get ripped off and raped either way, dealer or not... but maybe if you go back to the same place, they will throw in any extras you may demand and free service for x-years, and it's always good to build rapport.

The new S-class is tempting you, isn't it? I gotta say it's a beauty, esp when you move higher up the range and get all of the styling options -- and I'm not a merc fan. But for a fatcat like you, I think it's perfect. Just remember that "Bangle-butt" rear-end styling came from BMW....

Color?

What? No pics Corky?!?!

Just kidding, kinda :o

I can't help you there, but what 'experience' were you referring to? Prices? Service? I'd think that you'll get ripped off and raped either way, dealer or not... but maybe if you go back to the same place, they will throw in any extras you may demand and free service for x-years, and it's always good to build rapport.

The new S-class is tempting you, isn't it? I gotta say it's a beauty, esp when you move higher up the range and get all of the styling options -- and I'm not a merc fan. But for a fatcat like you, I think it's perfect. Just remember that "Bangle-butt" rear-end styling came from BMW....

Color?

I am wedded to the silver. It does not show the Bangkok dirt as much as the others.

Does anyone have any experience in trading in their current car for a new car at a dealership? Assuming it is the same brand. Further assuming that the current car was purchased new from that same dealer.
It wont make a bit of difference where you bought it or what it is, they will offer a low/trade price, id suggest getting a price then add on 25 per cent and advertise it yourself, what is it by the way ? you might be able to move it on here !

Does anyone have any experience in trading in their current car for a new car at a dealership? Assuming it is the same brand. Further assuming that the current car was purchased new from that same dealer.
It wont make a bit of difference where you bought it or what it is, they will offer a low/trade price, id suggest getting a price then add on 25 per cent and advertise it yourself, what is it by the way ? you might be able to move it on here !

I think you are right....the best way to do it is private.

I like the White myself Corky... people think it gets dirty easily, but actually it looks clean almost all of the time... much better than black... and it's cool... like a 30-50 degree C surface temp difference.

Private sale will get you the best price. I may have some friends interested. Specs of the car? All service records? What did the dealer say they'd give you? I'd buy it from you if it was white....

edit: i'm serious about the white... the new pearl white s-class is a beauty... and i promise it won't show dirt as much as you think it would.... if you get the white S-500 with the body kit (and some nice wheels), I'll gladly look at your egregious posts of pics of your cars on this site. Do it.

Pm me the details of your car and i'll ask around for you... many people like the s-class in my line of work...

Edited by teejay