Eufy Video Doorbell

Bandersnatch

6 minutes ago, johng said:

I think the too scared guy   said  he pushed the button but it didn't ring    and  there doesn't seem to be a ringing sound when red shirt rider pressed the button either ?

Either way I get an instant notification on my phone wherever I am (even if not at home)   and  can speak to the delivery guy

Edited by Bandersnatch

Is there any way to connect to the doorbell/base unit without using the app ? ( webpage, SSH, ftp ? )

Are the video files stored on the base unit  in a propriety format  or can you just view them straight with a player like VLC ?

Edited by johng

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Is there any way to connect to the doorbell/base unit without using the app ? ( webpage, SSH, ftp ? )

Are the video files stored on the base unit  in a propriety format  or can you just view them straight with a player like VLC ?

I don't know of a way to connect the doorbell/base unit without the app.

To access the videos I scroll through videos by date on the app - pull a video and save it to my phone, then I can move the mp4 file anywhere I want like my OneDrive which I can access on my computer

• Like 1

Just be glad you don't live in the UK.

'It's going to ruin my life': Plumber, 45, fears he will lose his £275,000 home after judge ruled his Ring doorbell camera breached his doctor neighbour's privacy leaving him facing paying possible £100,000 in damages

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10090871/Plumber-45-fears-lose-home-judge-ruled-Ring-camera-breached-neighbours-privacy.html

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Just be glad you don't live in the UK.

"The ruling means anybody whose Ring doorbell camera films people outside the boundaries of their property could be accused of breaching data protection laws and the privacy of that person - potentially paving the way for thousands of lawsuits over alleged breaches of UK laws. "

It seems to me a ridiculous ruling   given how many "security" cameras there are all over the UK especially London...perhaps the same could be used on dashcams,bus lane cams,traffic cameras etc etc  can't see this ruling standing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, johng said:

It seems to me a ridiculous ruling   given how many "security" cameras there are all over the UK especially London...perhaps the same could be used on dashcams,bus lane cams,traffic cameras etc etc  can't see this ruling standing.

I agree 100%, I'm assuming there will be an appeal based upon "common sense".

• Like 2

18 hours ago, johng said:

could you do a little experiment   by disconnecting your internet and see if the doorbell still functions correctly.

Unplugged the power to the 3BB router (no internet) and the Base station changed from Blue to red. But the doorbell rang at the ringer and in the house and a video was recorded on the app - so it worked. My network setup is pretty sophisticated so it continues to function without internet access, not sure if that would be the case for everyone.  

11111111111111111AAAAAAAA20211017_044459000_iOS.jpg

20211017_044400000_iOS.jpg

20211001_032632667_iOS.jpg

IMG_E5616.JPG

Edited by Bandersnatch
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Unplugged the power to the 3BB router (no internet) and the Base station changed from Blue to red. But the doorbell rang at the ringer and in the house and a video was recorded on the app - so it worked. My network setup is pretty sophisticated so it continues to function without internet access, not sure if that would be the case for everyone.  

11111111111111111AAAAAAAA20211017_044459000_iOS.jpg

20211017_044400000_iOS.jpg

20211001_032632667_iOS.jpg

IMG_E5616.JPG

Did you ever do the unifi map of your property to see the coverage of your AP's and how much actual linear coverage do you get? - I have unifi router and rack switches but I was waiting on the U6 APs to arrive before making a decision on APs.

2 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Did you ever do the unifi map of your property to see the coverage of your AP's and how much actual linear coverage do you get? - I have unifi router and rack switches but I was waiting on the U6 APs to arrive before making a decision on APs.

I didn't. I installed all the cat 6 during the house build  - I planned to install an AP in the middle of my three floors and at the front and back of the house. I have plenty of coverage and running anymore cable now I have ceilings in would be a pain

spacer.png