Leaving Thailand now and plan to enter after 1. dec.

I got valid retirement visa, and wondering if anyone know what I would need or could face when returning after 1. Dec if everything goes as planned. My destination or home country is among those who is listed as low risk countries. 

Got the yellow vaccine certificate, and approved eu vaccine passport as well based on the Thai certificate. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you have a current extension based on retirement from a non O-A or non O? 

Based on previous Non-immigrant OA visa. 

I guess my original question is, do I need to get certificate of entry and the insurance? I have travel insurance and life insurance. I did not see any change of requirements yet except quarantine. 

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Based on previous Non-immigrant OA visa. 

I guess my original question is, do I need to get certificate of entry and the insurance? I have travel insurance and life insurance. I did not see any change of requirements yet except quarantine. 

You will require covid insurance for period remaining on your current stump.

You will also require 400/40 health insurance.

You will need to obtain a reentry permit prior to exit. Can be done at immigration or airport.

As for COE that's changing (Thailand pass) and you would need to keep up with what's required at date of your return.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Can these be combined in one policy?

In principle, yes. However, either in the policy or a separate letter from the insurance company, there must be explicit confirmation that there is coverage of US$100,000+ for Covid-19. The Thai authorities are very picky about this.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

things go in good direction.

Re-entry permit, insurance for $100k.

Possibly make covid vax passport (yellow certificate)

BritTim has a Thai yellow certificate, but how and where did he manage to get an du approved vaccine pa sport based on the Thai one? I would be grateful for details about this, as I also intend going to Europe soon and returning beginning of December  and although I have a yellow Thai vaccination certificate, I hear that I may face difficulties there with only the Thai yellow certificate, as in the EU one needs a so called green Pass. I am fully vaccinated with 2 x AZ.

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

BritTim has a Thai yellow certificate, but how and where did he manage to get an du approved vaccine pa sport based on the Thai one? I would be grateful for details about this, as I also intend going to Europe soon and returning beginning of December  and although I have a yellow Thai vaccination certificate, I hear that I may face difficulties there with only the Thai yellow certificate, as in the EU one needs a so called green Pass. I am fully vaccinated with 2 x AZ.

some 2 posters wrote they were able to include their thai done vax into local vax certificate and hence into green pass. At local epidemiological authority and only in 1 day. That may differ from country to country or even from province/land to other ones.

Just to be safe, do fly to germany on pcr as a back up. Tell them that you are only transiting. As a reason for travel tell them you need european vax. To prove it do book date (probably Johnsson) on your country health application. 

To play extra safe do ast in germany (for about e55) and move to your destination country on a green pass based on it. Some countries in europe require max 48h.

Also you can get german sim card and put number on entry application form when entering destination.

This number use when applying for thailandpass in december.

On returning possibly come to germany day or two earlier, do pcr and stay in hotel, to have some back up to your story.

There are some other countries in europe, which claim to be easier to enter - belgium, switzerland, austria. But they are not included on not quarantine list, as so far. Still, they can be included in december, even in november

Edited by internationalism

20 hours ago, internationalism said:

things go in good direction.

Re-entry permit, insurance for $100k.

Possibly make covid vax passport (yellow certificate)

What's the yellow fever vaccine book got to do with anything?

Normally this is only required for entering W African countries.

Not once been asked for it in the lat 2 years ( 4 entries ) or the previous 20 years of coming and going?

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You will require covid insurance for period remaining on your current stump.

You will also require 400/40 health insurance.

You will need to obtain a reentry permit prior to exit. Can be done at immigration or airport.

As for COE that's changing (Thailand pass) and you would need to keep up with what's required at date of your return.

Maybe it is mention already many times but is this not necessary for Non-O with retirement extension.

I go also in November and come back to LOS in December.

• Like 1

I have been vaccinated "twice" in Bangkok Hospital. I was given a piece Paper stating that I have been vaccinated twice. The question is this. Can I use this "Paper" as proof or I must get the Yellow Book to leave the country. If so, where and how can I get the Yellow Book. Your kind advice is much appreciated. Thanking you all in advance. Thank you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I have been vaccinated "twice" in Bangkok Hospital. I was given a piece Paper stating that I have been vaccinated twice. The question is this. Can I use this "Paper" as proof or I must get the Yellow Book to leave the country. If so, where and how can I get the Yellow Book. Your kind advice is much appreciated. Thanking you all in advance. Thank you.

download morprom application, shortly you will be able to order pass from there. 50b, plus postage

probably as not to confuse with certificates issued by each hospital in a different format, this one is uniformed and referred as passport. It doesn't have photo, qr, chip or watermarks, still called passport.

"Conditions for COVID-19 Vaccine Passport"

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/covid-19-vaccine-passport

"The Department of Disease Control has issued a vaccine passport called the "COVID-19 CERTIFICATE OF VACCINATION," as published in the Royal Gazette"

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/photos/a.251619424861479/4213931885296860/

"Documents for applying for a Vaccine Passport"

https://www.th.emb-japan.go.jp/files/100201979.pdf

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1