kid with a thai lady

anotherexpat4444

insufficient detail.have same basic situation. my lady is a gem, together ten years now, educated, hard working, uni. architect- trained, fully trusted. our son is seven. thai and western citizen. leasehold owned property and vehicle in my name. no paternal birth cert. rights here without marriage or court order. if you separate, your moral obligation would be limited to providing for mum and kid until kid leaves home or full time education, assuming the lady is broke with no skills or family support.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

what are the things to know in the event the relationship goes south

As long as you don't invest more than 10% of your worth, you will walk away with 90% and start all over again, i.e. if it goes south. 

Never allow the woman to handle the money side of things, that is your power, without it, you have nothing, literally, seen too many guys get cleaned out because the ladies didn't know how to handle the money, like a kid taking to a bar of chocolate.

The above said, as the kid is yours as well, and if your relationship does goes south, then you should support the kid and the mother as she will have limited opportunities to work and raise your child at the same time, not easy.

Starting off with 20k baht per month and working your way up from there as the kid grows, look at it as the cheapest baby sitter you will ever come across.

Throwing Money GIFs | Tenor

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Starting off with 20k baht per month and working your way up from there as the kid grows, look at it as the cheapest baby sitter you will ever come across.

I am not in a very financially stable situation to provide 20k baht per month . as this is where the problem comes up  but I said her how about finding a place in thailand where the kid can be taken care by a third party and  I will take all the financial obligation.    

Are there any such place in thailand . 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I am not in a very financially stable situation to provide 20k baht per month . as this is where the problem comes up  but I said her how about finding a place in thailand where the kid can be taken care by a third party and  I will take all the financial obligation.    

Usually her parents on their farm.

3k/month is the court appointed amount for child support.

Not that anyone ever pays that much.

The grandparents will get a pension of 600bht/month from the government, 1k/month would be more than enough to support the kid.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

Am I to understand that you don't want the kid around ?

Most Thai's have family that look after the kid/s. 

When I took my wife abroad many moons ago, I used to send 10,000 baht a month to her parents to look after the kids (2), we then had our own and are now living here and her kids live with us, so that's 4 in total, 2 of her and 2 of mine, The Brady bunch.

The above said, no one is going to look after your kid better than you, her kids didn't see one baht from the 10,000 baht I used to send every month and when we would visit we could see that they were under weight, not nourished and their clothes were worn out or very dirty, between a rock and a hard place for the Mrs at the time, but we decided not to take them with us as we were returning to live here, so didn't want to throw them into a different country, schooling etc, so they survived but wouldn't do it again as I know the Mrs suffered from it, but you do what you have to do.

So think twice about what you may ask for as it doesn't sometime work out the way you want it to, and she had a lot of work to do to bring the kids in line when we moved here as they were let loose like Soi dogs, now under control, but what grief to go through.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Sad 1

If you are not married then the mother has sole rights over the child, your name on the birth certificate is not enough, you need to legitimize the child, either marry the mother, do it through the court, or easiest by going through the Amphore you need the mothers agreement going this way