Pattaya International Hospital

GerdK

I've never used PIH myself, but they didn't distinguish themselves earlier in the year in their rush to take (non-refundable) deposits from people to pre-order the Moderna vacccine. OTOH, Memorial was doing much the same thing, while BHP just issued news releases in such a way as to minimise the chances of a foreigner being able to register for the limited supply of Moderna they expected at that time. Since that ended up meaning it was mainly their Thai customers who have been disappointed that they still haven't received any Moderna, maybe we should actually be grateful to BHP? I've forgiven BHP sufficiently to be booked in to have a BCC removed in 10 days time, anyway.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I've never used PIH myself, but they didn't distinguish themselves earlier in the year in their rush to take (non-refundable) deposits from people to pre-order the Moderna vacccine. OTOH, Memorial was doing much the same thing, while BHP just issued news releases in such a way as to minimise the chances of a foreigner being able to register for the limited supply of Moderna they expected at that time. Since that ended up meaning it was mainly their Thai customers who have been disappointed that they still haven't received any Moderna, maybe we should actually be grateful to BHP? I've forgiven BHP sufficiently to be booked in to have a BCC removed in 10 days time, anyway.

BHP has got a lot of Kudos the last 6 months or so getting all the vaccinations and being very well organised

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Did you not get a vaccination certificate after the 2nd jab? I did at the Central Festival BR.... it was on there.

at phyathai 2, after both jabs the 13 digit number was on the certificate, mor prom was updated while in 30 minute recovery after the 2nd,

if any one is struggling with the play store mor prom app, I managed to register on the app via line app. where i noticed my 2nd jab appointment had been brought forward by  2 weeks, just scan the QR code on the certificate using line app, takes you straight to mor prom.

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I just asked them about a test i need, earlier this year i was told 900 suddenly it's 1600 after the usual nurse this, doctor that, lab other, usual hospital padding

They cannot help themselves in this matter,what ever quoted earlier will end up twice the price,puts me off ever usng them

• Like 1

I was disappointed with PIH earlier this year when they said I needed to pay for a PCR test prior to an operation.  It has been all over the press that PCR tests prior to medical ops are paid for by the govt and no hospital should be charging for them. The govt even published a hotline to report hospitals who charge. I double checked with PIH that they were allowed to charge the 4k baht fee for a pre-op PCR test and they confirmed that this was their policy despite the govt initiative!

I ended up going to Bumrungrad for the 1st procedure and Bangkok Pattaya for the 2nd. Had to have a PCR test prior both times and I was never charged and told the govt pay for pre-op PCR tests.

I don't understand why PIH didn't comply with the govt policy, and then it makes you wonder what other policies they do not comply with.

29 minutes ago, thaiclan said:

I was disappointed with PIH earlier this year when they said I needed to pay for a PCR test prior to an operation.  It has been all over the press that PCR tests prior to medical ops are paid for by the govt and no hospital should be charging for them. The govt even published a hotline to report hospitals who charge. I double checked with PIH that they were allowed to charge the 4k baht fee for a pre-op PCR test and they confirmed that this was their policy despite the govt initiative!

I ended up going to Bumrungrad for the 1st procedure and Bangkok Pattaya for the 2nd. Had to have a PCR test prior both times and I was never charged and told the govt pay for pre-op PCR tests.

I don't understand why PIH didn't comply with the govt policy, and then it makes you wonder what other policies they do not comply with.

When was that? i went in March and no mention of a test

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When was that? i went in March and no mention of a test

Not sure when it was implemented. I went in June (Bumrungrad) and then October (BPH). Had PCR both times prior to the operations.

Was told by both hospitals that PCR was mandatory before any anesthetic procedure but that the govt covers the charge for that.

Maybe the policy wasn't implemented in March? Or maybe your procedure didn't require it?

All I know is I was getting quotes for first procedure and PIH gave me a quote plus the 4k PCR test. When I questioned them on it and the govt's policy they confirmed in their email they did not follow that policy (!?)

On 10/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I just asked them about a test i need, earlier this year i was told 900 suddenly it's 1600 after the usual nurse this, doctor that, lab other, usual hospital padding

I got this test at a lab for 200 baht, just shows the immense bill padding going on at hospitals