PM asked to review appointment of army general to take charge of pandemic in south

snoop1130

1634539234853.jpg

Bhumjaithai party-list MP Suphachai Jaismut has asked Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to review his order appointing one of his advisors, General Nattaphon Narkphanit, to take charge of a new command centre to cope with COVID-19 surges in four of Thailand’s southern border provinces.

On Sunday, the prime minister issued a ministerial order, appointing General Nattaphon as head of a special command centre tasked with containing the pandemic in Songkhla, Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat provinces. The centre comprises the permanent secretary of public health, senior public health officials and permanent secretaries from other ministries.

“My point of contention is that the prime minister is adopting ‘security as the first priority’ to deal with a public health issue which, I think, is inappropriate,” said the government MP, adding “I have no problem with the individual (General Nattaphon, former secretary-general of the National Security Council), but I have problem with the logic.”

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/tpm-asked-to-review-appointment-of-army-general-to-take-charge-of-pandemic-in-south/

Logo-top-.png