Major cinema Villa supermarket site

fredscats

After reading the positive reviews, I thought it was a rather underwhelming film. The producers now have a chance to give the franchise a breath of fresh air and I think they will.

I thought the black female 007 was a joke being played by the film's makers, in response to all the rumour mongering about who the next JB will be. I fully expect it will be a "he", white and a red-blooded straight chap. 007 is not a vehicle for the woke age; plenty of other stuff out there to fit that agenda.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, champers said:

After reading the positive reviews, I thought it was a rather underwhelming film. The producers now have a chance to give the franchise a breath of fresh air and I think they will.

I thought the black female 007 was a joke being played by the film's makers, in response to all the rumour mongering about who the next JB will be. I fully expect it will be a "he", white and a red-blooded straight chap. 007 is not a vehicle for the woke age; plenty of other stuff out there to fit that agenda.

IMO we know the world we knew has been well and truly <deleted> when there is even a discussion about whether Bond should be anything but a white Scottish heterosexual man that engages in casual sex with many women.

I saw that wokeness has set in when Bond remains a one woman man the entire movie. Pity, as it was good while it lasted, though IMO Brosnan was as badly cast as Bond as he was in Mama Mia.  IMO worse than Lazenby, and that's a low bar to crawl under.

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Bond films were always rubbish, last one I paid to see was you only live twice in 1967, and the best thing about that was the song.

I like Roger Moore. It was a classy rubbish

On 10/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, bobbin said:

Anybody using the term "woke" is self-identifiying..

..as another annoyed old white guy..

What's next? Everyone who has looking forward to the new Bond flick has been bamboozled by MSM and is one of the "sheeple?"

I am indeed an old white guy, though "woke" is a very real phenomenon, and is indeed annoying. Also, I'm sure that old black men use the term too, given it apparently originated amongst the black American community.

I use sheeple for a different demographic myself, but the new Bond flick is IMO no where near as great as the lovies would have it, and yes, the demise of Bond as the lover of many women in a 90 minute movie is disappointing.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, Pravda said:

I like Roger Moore. It was a classy rubbish

I liked Moore as a person, but not as Bond. I just could not take him seriously as a spy legally permitted to kill at will. The movies during his time were indeed rubbish, and cheaply made with pathetic special effects, IMO.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, clivebaxter said:

Bond films were always rubbish, last one I paid to see was you only live twice in 1967, and the best thing about that was the song.

I have that book on my shelf and been meaning to read it for at least a year. Something I must get around to sooner than later.

When Brosnan took over the production values improved, but I didn't like Brosnan as Bond. I'm sure he's good in something, but the best part he ever had IMO was in The Long Good Friday.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 10/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, champers said:

I fully expect it will be a "he", white and a red-blooded straight chap. 007 is not a vehicle for the woke age

And yet ... Superman is bisexual now, and Robin is gay ... nothing is sacred with the woke mob.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have that book on my shelf and been meaning to read it for at least a year. Something I must get around to sooner than later.

When Brosnan took over the production values improved, but I didn't like Brosnan as Bond. I'm sure he's good in something, but the best part he ever had IMO was in The Long Good Friday.

He is good in The Foreigner, as a Republican Irish politician (vagueish link to LGF). Jackie Chan co-stars.

• Like 1