Advice on the purchase of a cost effective SUV to buy around THB 1.3 million

Hello friends,

I want to tap into the expertise of fellow ex-pats or locals who have a real understanding of automobiles. So I would like to purchase a new SUV price up to 1.3 million (I would prefer to spend less if I could, lol)  I shall be retiring soon (2022)  to live in my home in Maha Sarakham. For the last three years, I have had a Ford Everest 4 wheel drive turbo; it is a company vehicle, but to be honest, I have never really used the four-wheel drive. However, I do enjoy the car's height, hence my desire to go for another SUV that gives a good line of sight from being higher up. I am not driven by brand names etc., just practicality and to have a safe vehicle that is comfortable big enough to drive a family ( 5) and enjoy inter-city / country driving. 

An excellent reliable SUV.  Any recommendations or advice will be gratefully received - I seek this help because talking to trade people are s always biased toward their manufacturer or held stock. Thanks in advance for helping me with this decision.

Well, I was going to say Ford Everest, But... you already own one.  don't they have one without 4 wheel drive ?  I wouldn't find 4 wheel drive useful here also, it's not like your going to go off road anywhere, the only use would be in the snow, and we all know it doesn't snow here.