Jump to content

Thailand receives 470,000 donated AstraZeneca doses from South Korea


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

Another AZ vaccine donation ceremony, thanks S. Korea, "70% of the Thai population vaccinated soon" a great ( no idea ) statement to leave ample room to continue flip flopping high level decisions. Bhutan's 250-300k AZ LOAN  to Thailand a few months back is due to be returned before year end 2021 as written months ago.......hmmmm  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Another AZ vaccine donation ceremony, thanks S. Korea, "70% of the Thai population vaccinated soon" a great ( no idea ) statement to leave ample room to continue flip flopping high level decisions. Bhutan's 250-300k AZ LOAN  to Thailand a few months back is due to be returned before year end 2021 as written months ago.......hmmmm

Why is Thailand relying on donations and loans?  I didn't know that they made loans.  So those donated vaccines will be forwarded to Bhutan? To pay back loans?  Why is this even a news then?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Minister of Public Health thanked the government of South Korea for this donation and continuous support given to the Thai government, saying 70% of the Thai population are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 soon."

 

70%? 😅😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Why is Thailand relying on donations and loans?  I didn't know that they made loans.  So those donated vaccines will be forwarded to Bhutan? To pay back loans?  Why is this even a news then?

Maybe Anutin has a plan......

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The South Korean government has donated 470,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand in support of Thailand’s national inoculation campaign against COVID-19.

Thailand the highest performing S.E.Asian [once upon a time] now living off donations.. 

My how the crown has slipped under the present regime.

I wonder how they would have looked at this moment in time without all the hand-outs from generous countries

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

And still no word about the 1 million Pfizer shots Tammy Duckworth said were being held up for what appears to be almost two months now.

Being held back in readiness for booster shots, not for 2nd jabs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that these small (less than one day's supply) donations of AZ make the news, while local production of AZ, committed to be 6 mm doses per month, is never mentioned.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lolalol said:

Why is Thailand relying on donations and loans?  I didn't know that they made loans.  So those donated vaccines will be forwarded to Bhutan? To pay back loans?  Why is this even a news then?

It is a pity that Thailand does not have its own efficient local production factory for AZ bulk supplies. The could call it something like "Siam BioScience" maybe.

But seems that will never happen......  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, John Drake said:

And still no word about the 1 million Pfizer shots Tammy Duckworth said were being held up for what appears to be almost two months now.

Still waiting for these 1 million doses that are being donated to Thailand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...