Thailand receives 470,000 donated AstraZeneca doses from South Korea

webfact

Another AZ vaccine donation ceremony, thanks S. Korea, "70% of the Thai population vaccinated soon" a great ( no idea ) statement to leave ample room to continue flip flopping high level decisions. Bhutan's 250-300k AZ LOAN  to Thailand a few months back is due to be returned before year end 2021 as written months ago.......hmmmm  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Another AZ vaccine donation ceremony, thanks S. Korea, "70% of the Thai population vaccinated soon" a great ( no idea ) statement to leave ample room to continue flip flopping high level decisions. Bhutan's 250-300k AZ LOAN  to Thailand a few months back is due to be returned before year end 2021 as written months ago.......hmmmm

Why is Thailand relying on donations and loans?  I didn't know that they made loans.  So those donated vaccines will be forwarded to Bhutan? To pay back loans?  Why is this even a news then?

• Like 2

"The Minister of Public Health thanked the government of South Korea for this donation and continuous support given to the Thai government, saying 70% of the Thai population are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 soon."

70%? ????????

29 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Why is Thailand relying on donations and loans?  I didn't know that they made loans.  So those donated vaccines will be forwarded to Bhutan? To pay back loans?  Why is this even a news then?

Maybe Anutin has a plan......

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The South Korean government has donated 470,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand in support of Thailand’s national inoculation campaign against COVID-19.

Thailand the highest performing S.E.Asian [once upon a time] now living off donations.. 

My how the crown has slipped under the present regime.

I wonder how they would have looked at this moment in time without all the hand-outs from generous countries

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

And still no word about the 1 million Pfizer shots Tammy Duckworth said were being held up for what appears to be almost two months now.

Being held back in readiness for booster shots, not for 2nd jabs?

7 hours ago, lolalol said:

It is a pity that Thailand does not have its own efficient local production factory for AZ bulk supplies. The could call it something like "Siam BioScience" maybe.

But seems that will never happen......  

• Haha 1