Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bangkok Bank - Lotus's branch Ban Chang

Featured Replies

Does anyone know if the Bangkok Bank branch in Lotus's Ban Chang is permanently closed, or just being refurbished? There is currently not even any access to their ATMs.

29 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Does anyone know if the Bangkok Bank branch in Lotus's Ban Chang is permanently closed, or just being refurbished? There is currently not even any access to their ATMs.

Permantly closed from what i hear as lotus's is closing down, have to use the main branch on Sukumvit

  • Author
1 hour ago, Walloper said:

Permantly closed from what i hear as lotus's is closing down, have to use the main branch on Sukumvit

Lotus's is closing down???

I didn't know the bank had closed until the missis mentioned it when we were there this morning, but there is now a BKK Bank ATM at the other end where a Kasikorn ATM used to be. Perhaps Kasikorn moving out is a sign that the store might close. I've never been very fond of that place, but it's far preferable to that store down the road.

  • 1 month later...

I noticed the shutters up and the area where the bank and ATM was - all closed off . I asked in Lotus if there was an alternative BKK Bank ATM near but negative reply and only SCB ATM at the etrance . I used the SCB ATM to get cash and was surprised to note that it did NOT charge me anything for the withdrawl whereas BKK Bank ATM always charges me 15baht for out of Province charge !

As far as I know other bank ATM's don't charge if within a certain period . Fortunately BKK Bankok Bank has a new ATM on the corner of the Soi Phayun 19 at a vacant / closed coffee shop - 5mins from me !

For anyone thinking of moving to Banchang area and moving their BKK Bank Account here - forget it ! They have no clue how to deal with foreigners and their accounts . Keep yourt account at the main Pattaya Branch !

  • Author
5 hours ago, GmailJen said:

I noticed the shutters up and the area where the bank and ATM was - all closed off . I asked in Lotus if there was an alternative BKK Bank ATM near but negative reply and only SCB ATM at the etrance . I used the SCB ATM to get cash and was surprised to note that it did NOT charge me anything for the withdrawl whereas BKK Bank ATM always charges me 15baht for out of Province charge !

As far as I know other bank ATM's don't charge if within a certain period . Fortunately BKK Bankok Bank has a new ATM on the corner of the Soi Phayun 19 at a vacant / closed coffee shop - 5mins from me !

For anyone thinking of moving to Banchang area and moving their BKK Bank Account here - forget it ! They have no clue how to deal with foreigners and their accounts . Keep yourt account at the main Pattaya Branch !

I've always found the Bangkok Bank branch on Sukhumvit Road in Ban Chang easy to deal with, with good English speaking staff. It's not as convenient as the old Lotus's branch but it does have a car park.

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I've always found the Bangkok Bank branch on Sukhumvit Road in Ban Chang easy to deal with, with good English speaking staff. It's not as convenient as the old Lotus's branch but it does have a car park.

Maybe things have changed but when I was in there a couple of years ago after moving to Banchang they actually recommended staying at Pattaya branch as they did not deal with foreigners overseas transactions and visa documents etc .

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.