New seamless travel through toll plazas on Motorway No 9 from October 29

snoop1130

Motorway.jpg

Thailand’s Highways Department will put the new M-Flow toll system on tests from October 29th at Dan Tap Chang and Dan Tanya Buri toll plazas on Motorway No 9, which will allow seamless travel for motorists and help reduce congestion at toll gates.

Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said today (Tuesday) that the toll system will recognize the vehicles by their license plates and allow them to pass through without having to slow down, because there will no longer be Easy Pass or M-Pass automatic barriers at these gates.

With the M-Flow system, he said vehicle flow through the toll gates will be increased by five times, to between 2,000-2,500 vehicles per hour travelling at a speed of up to 120kph, compared to 500 for Easy Pass or M-Pass gates.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/new-seamless-travel-through-toll-plazas-on-motorway-no-9-from-october-29th/

Logo-top-.png

Not sure how enforcement for those who haven't prepaid will work. Perhaps an account sent in the mail or email with the ability to pay online?

And who will be responsible for the payment ? The driver or the vehicle owner ?  Maybe the owner gets hit at vehicle tax time ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cracker1 said:

Not sure how enforcement for those who haven't prepaid will work. Perhaps an account sent in the mail or email with the ability to pay online?

And who will be responsible for the payment ? The driver or the vehicle owner ?  Maybe the owner gets hit at vehicle tax time ?

Yes, from the articles that have been published so far it's pretty much impossible to understand how the system would actually work in practice. They have presumably designed the whole thing already, so I'm not sure why they don't just explain it fully and clearly right now.

• Like 1

Yes exactly, not clear at all.

If you read the article it seems to say that this is in addition to the existing m-pass/easypass, if I read it correctly.

I have been using an easypass for years, and will not bother with this new extra, unless it links seamlessly with the easypass. Fat chance, considering its Thailand.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Yes, from the articles that have been published so far it's pretty much impossible to understand how the system would actually work in practice. They have presumably designed the whole thing already, so I'm not sure why they don't just explain it fully and clearly right now.

You ask too much.????

Unclear remain:
- 120kph? Wondering how many Somchais are smashing up the cars in the dire attempt to break yet another speed records
- 120kph? When speed restrictions change from 120 - 30 via 60 to 40 and back to 90 over 400 metres
- what happens to all those hundreds of thousands of Mpass and Easypass Tag holders and the remaining credit on their tags?

The Chidchobs, both father and his sons always good for a little surprise ???? 

40 minutes ago, stbkk said:

Yes exactly, not clear at all.

If you read the article it seems to say that this is in addition to the existing m-pass/easypass, if I read it correctly.

I have been using an easypass for years, and will not bother with this new extra, unless it links seamlessly with the easypass. Fat chance, considering its Thailand.

Unbelievable negativity on here again.

M Flow is going to replace cash and Easy Pass.  There will be no gates.   M Flow is gateless and works in the same way as Singapore's ERP and Dubai's Salik.  I know nobody on TVF likes change or advances but you will not have the option to keep your Easy Pass, sorry.

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

M Flow is going to replace cash and Easy Pass.

Not for a long time -

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

because there will no longer be Easy Pass or M-Pass automatic barriers at these gates.

I read it that they will still of course have cash lanes with barriers.

Considering the propensity here of not paying fines one wonders how long before most drivers start using the barrier less tolls without paying.......especially if no queue.....

Many countries have similar systems. If you go through with no device to pay (deduct) you’ll 

get a bill in the mail (address car is registered). If rental car bill sent to rental car company 

and they bill customer accordingly. .. Article says eventually there won’t be a cash booth.... 

Pat least that’s the way I read it..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Many countries have similar systems. If you go through with no device to pay (deduct) you’ll 

get a bill in the mail (address car is registered). If rental car bill sent to rental car company 

and they bill customer accordingly. .. Article says eventually there won’t be a cash booth.... 

Bill in the mail to be ignored, together with the mailed speeding ticket fines.????

Edited by Gandtee
punctuation

4 hours ago, DJ54 said:

The Thai post do not deliver mail to my registered address, so it will be free.  Fat chance

Edited by Toany