LADIES DRINKS & BAR FINES - WILL IT COST MORE FOR ADULT ENTERTAINMENT : ANGELES CITY PHILIPPINES

snoop1130

About 4 years back I was flying to The Philippines 3x-4x a year (from Thailand).

Then they raised the flight prices substantially.

So I never went back .............

Started spending my holidays in Vietnam and Cambodia.

If destinations get more expensive, less people will go.

It's as easy as that.

And that's just the air fares.

• Like 2

Just now, bkk6060 said:

I think this will also happen in Thailand.

Visiting these male entertainment venues will become a higher luxury expense.

Supply and Demand but a friend tells me... that such luxury items are around 50% of what they were pre covid.

I stopped going to the Philippines when on my last visit, I noticed the security guard at my average costing hotel patrolling the grounds with a sawed off shotgun. 

• Haha 1

Rented a house there for a few months.

Apart from dissipation there was not a lot to do there. Drinks then were absurdly cheap. 2.50 peso for either a beer or a shot of something harder. ( just after Aquino was shot ) So for a pound I could have 16 drinks. Alcoholics paradise. There were regular shows at Studio 1 and bar fines at Ayers Rock were 150 pesos but you had to have a tag team.

Born at a niche time.

Now I think of it there used to be a railway line cutting fields avenue in half. Along this railway was a food center. Lots of little stalls but they only sold 1 thing. Hot dogs. Absolutely nothing else.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Denim said:

Rented a house there for a few months.

Apart from dissipation there was not a lot to do there. Drinks then were absurdly cheap. 2.50 peso for either a beer or a shot of something harder. ( just after Aquino was shot ) So for a pound I could have 16 drinks. Alcoholics paradise. There were regular shows at Studio 1 and bar fines at Ayers Rock were 150 pesos but you had to have a tag team.

Born at a niche time.

That was nearly 40 years ago !!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, bbko said:

I stopped going to the Philippines when on my last visit, I noticed the security guard at my average costing hotel patrolling the grounds with a sawed off shotgun. 

If you had looked more carefully you might have also seen that ubiquitous shotgun was rusty, uncared for and likely inoperable.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, n00dle said:

If you had looked more carefully you might have also seen that ubiquitous shotgun was rusty, uncared for and likely inoperable.

Often without bullets, anyway nice to see they have uploaded better YouTubers vids here.

Edited by Destiny1990

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 7:51 PM, Denim said:

Apart from dissipation there was not a lot to do there. Drinks then were absurdly cheap. 2.50 peso for either a beer or a shot of something harder. ( just after Aquino was shot )

My plane landed behind the one where Aquino met his maker, my first overseas trip

Security guards carried back then

Philly in the Philippines is one of the crappiest YouTubers in the Philippines.  He is KING of the click bait title.  In this video he takes 14 minutes to tell us he thinks the prices will go up.  He gives no real justification for his uneducated guess other than the bar owners need money.  No duh... 

Complete waste of time.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...  Posting crappy YouTube videos decreases the credibility of this forum.  Someone needs to screen these videos better.  I suspect they aren't being watched before they are posted.  They are being posted based on the title of the video alone.  This increases the likelihood that we will be served a bunch of click bait.  Gee thanks...

• Like 1