Paying in a GBP cheque into my Bangkok Bank FCD Account

Just now, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i think it should not be a problem. your cheque will be credited to your GBP account

without any foreign exchange involved. however, you want to try the cost vs. a swift or wise payment (again, from GBP to GBP accounts).

I have no bank cards or machine as they will not send them here - all expired in 2016. Now I want to drain my UK accounts down to 1 GBP and was just wondering if my cheque books from 2007/8 will be ok and I write myself a cheque?

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

if my cheque books from 2007/8 will be ok and I write myself a cheque?

aagh sir, it is getting complicated now...2007 is pre historic time in banking terms...one thing you can try is do it the old ways, just call the UK bank and tell them you want to send all your money to thailand....that is how i used to do it in the pre-historic times. than you might advice the bank to use a FAX, yes they should remember what it means, and than you can FAX (not to confuse with fakcs) the forms and it should be TT to your thailand account.

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

aagh sir, it is getting complicated now...2007 is pre historic time in banking terms...one thing you can try is do it the old ways, just call the UK bank and tell them you want to send all your money to thailand....that is how i used to do it in the pre-historic times. than you might advice the bank to use a FAX, yes they should remember what it means, and than you can FAX (not to confuse with fakcs) the forms and it should be TT to your thailand account.

I think legally they have to accept a cheque written on almost anything so I think my cheque book should be ok? but, yes, its a nightmare and i wondered if anyone else had done it.

3 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

they do not have to accept anything. they can even refuse your account all together and give

you a cheque with the balance on it.

you better start by calling the UK bank and ask your questions.

Happy for them to do that - I don't want any UK accounts. If the cheque clears they can (censored). In fact if they send a cheque they have to make sure it clears to close the account.

Edited by BobBKK

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Happy for them to do that - I don't want any UK accounts. If the cheque clears they can (censored). In fact if they send a cheque they have to make sure it clears to close the account.

my advice to you is to forget about cheques. cheques are usually used locally.

for international transfer the way to go it TT  and it can be done over phones / faxes, allthough it might be a but hard with your local bank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

my advice to you is to forget about cheques. cheques are usually used locally.

for international transfer the way to go it TT  and it can be done over phones / faxes, allthough it might be a but hard with your local bank.

I know but I cant TT as i am not recognised by my bank etc. My question was not about TT but has ANYONE paid themselves a cheque into a FCD Bangkok Bank account.