2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I dont "know" , but believe they are and operate at the posted rate daily. I have never seen a variation by weight but only by design.

I suppose in one respect it ensures a regulated market......or.......a massive price fixing cartel.

But I would agree, they are pretty much bound by the published daily rates.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Aurora have shops all over Thailand. They sell their own standard baht weight bars, which are easy to sell at any branch, or you can buy them online.  The current buying and selling prices are displayed on their website.

image.png.cb8edbb8c5addf8936a90c7acd3e3833.pngimage.png.add1b8f1646d78b016074a821400e1fe.png

https://www.aurora.co.th/

Thanks much.

So I use a credit card to buy online and they ship to my house, insured?

Can I resell them anywhere but Aurora? I take it Thai people would be very familiar with the bars and would not hesitate to trust them?

2 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Thanks much.

Can I resell them anywhere but Aurora? I take it Thai people would be very familiar with the bars and would not hesitate to trust them?

I've never tried selling one anywhere else, as there are a few Aurora shops even where I live up country, but I'd imagine it's similar to selling jewellery at any gold shop.  I've bought all mine directly from the shop as well, (which, when paid using cash, leaves no record of how much you accumulate, if you're of a suspicious nature), but their website says that shipments are insured.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Thanks much.

I bought a gold bar 10 baht this week. 

I used a debit card but had to pay 3% for the privelege, but get this in crypto cashback. 

I buy from one shop that has a few branches in town, selling us easier and a better price.