500,000 doses of vaccines to be sent to southern Thai provinces as COVID-19 infections surge

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY8AVipGqHd1hycDK9mFhkufgZmZlruzGKoyET.jpg

An additional half million doses of vaccines will be sent to Thailand’s four southern border provinces, in addition to the 500,000 sent previously, to help contain the spread of COVID-19 as new infections continue to surge, said Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department, today (Thursday).

In Songkhla province, 627 new cases and one death were recorded today, with most cases in Jana, Thepa and Hat Yai districts. About 8,000 patients are still being treated in hospitals.

Since most of the new infections are occurring within families, communities and among work colleagues, provincial health officials have stepped up COVID-19 testing, with rapid antigen test kits (ATKs), to enable the separation of the infected as quickly as possible.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/500000-doses-of-vaccines-to-be-sent-to-southern-thai-provinces-as-covid-19-infections-surge/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Perfect opportunity to use up remaining SinoVac stocks.  They’ve been pushing it up in Isaan to unwilling residents.

Thank you, I lived in Isaan (Khon Kaen Province) for 6 years, so if I had remained , it would have been Sinovac? I now live in Cambodia and coincidentally my two vaccinations were Sinovac, the only one available at the time (and still is for first/second jabs).

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Perfect opportunity to use up remaining SinoVac stocks.  They’ve been pushing it up in Isaan to unwilling residents.

Might be ill-advised given we have alpha, beta and delta variants present in the south.