Jump to content

Favorite restaurant for a night out in Chiang mai...


Recommended Posts

I don’t need fancy.  I value quality and good value.

 

That being said…

 

The Swan Burmese Restaurant near the Amora Thapae hotel outside the moat.

 

Tsunami Sushi Bar on Huay Kaew just past the canal road on the right heading towards the zoo.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

For lunch time out always Huay Tung Tao No.9 restaurant.

 

IMG_20201213_111059.jpg

Please tell me that was recently. I want to go back to Huay Tung Tao but without the ability to have a drink, it's not worth the drive. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Please tell me that was recently. I want to go back to Huay Tung Tao but without the ability to have a drink, it's not worth the drive. 

Beer is served in jugs at the moment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For an occasion, go to L'Elephant. It has everything---atmosphere (it is like dining in someone's beautiful dining room), excellent food and service. I think excellent value also considering the quality. They have a three course menu, with lots of choices for each course, for 888B++. 

 

The restaurant is in the Nimman area

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, neilrob said:

For an occasion, go to L'Elephant. It has everything---atmosphere (it is like dining in someone's beautiful dining room), excellent food and service. I think excellent value also considering the quality. They have a three course menu, with lots of choices for each course, for 888B++. 

 

The restaurant is in the Nimman area

Thanks. I have heard good things and wanting to try it... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lordblackader said:

without the ability to have a drink, it's not worth the drive. 

Drinking and driving are we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, lordblackader said:

Please tell me that was recently. I want to go back to Huay Tung Tao but without the ability to have a drink, it's not worth the drive. 

Something ironic with your statement . But of course you could be Australian and like to share the driving 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of Thai food in my Village North CM. Every times I spend a night in town, we choose Japan food… Sakura, Matsu, kitchen Hush, Goro,  sushi Ichiban… Korean food in Central Festival..

 

And the very best Restaurant IMO; Arno’s Chiang Mai,..good wine, Australian Beef, Burguer..salats 👍


https://goo.gl/maps/TBwRVzLGVRKhY1K1A

Edited by Tarteso
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2021 at 6:02 AM, Airalee said:

I don’t need fancy.  I value quality and good value.

 

That being said…

 

The Swan Burmese Restaurant near the Amora Thapae hotel outside the moat.

 

Tsunami Sushi Bar on Huay Kaew just past the canal road on the right heading towards the zoo.

Billies Restaurant behind the night market, Thai and Italian, great food, good selection of wines, plenty of English. Highly recommended. Very reasonable prices. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you like Thai food? Spicy?

Here are some:

Baan Mae Cafe

Khun Nine

Khrua Chalong

Less spicy, but good:

Saenkham Terrace

Ginger Farm Kitchen

 

For farang food:

L'Elephant

Chez Marco

Da Antonio

Edited by placnx
add more
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried Accha Indian restaurant in Nimman. Good food, pleasant room, and big menu. Price was higher than other Indian places I’ve tried in CM, but so was the quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Khaomao-Khaofang Imaginary Jungle Restaurant is fantastic. Off the Hang-Dong to Airport road. Ratchapruek Road, Nong Kai, Hang Dong.       0636655838

 

You MUST book ahead for a fixed time (and turn up at that time!)

 

So beautiful (including the toilets!)  Great internet photos.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

If you like Italian food, try Giorgio's in Chiangklan Rd.

Giorgio's is permanently closed following the death of the man himself. Some of the staff have moved to the sister restaurant Da Antonio beside Empress hotel.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...