Jump to content

Best breakfast in Patong?


Recommended Posts

Not Patong but probably one of the best full english on the island is Zebra Cafe in Kathu

Amy uses the best bacon sausage and mushrooms here

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pest said:

Not Patong but probably one of the best full english on the island is Zebra Cafe in Kathu

Amy uses the best bacon sausage and mushrooms here

Think that closed a long time ago. Or is it open again?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That served by a young strumpet you met the night before that was so pleased the way things went the previous night and early next day that you awaken out of the morning/afternoon amour-haze to the smell of strong fresh coffee and bacon/eggs she found in the fridge!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, easydoor said:

The best breakfast: I find it at HOME. Backing my own bread, can buy everything I need to make a real good breakfast myself.

That's commendable but of little use to a guy that lives in a hotel for a week.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, Inderpland said:

Can any local expats or frequent visitors suggest places that serve a good Western breakfast?

Thanks🙂

London?😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Patong but 'Wilsons'; 31, 44 Soi Saiyuan Rawai, Amphoe Mueang, Phuket 83100, Thailand.

Wilson's has one of the best breakfast menus on the island. Designed on Australian styled beach cafe food. Owned by an Aussie. I go regularly and the food is always top, top notch.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, pagallim said:

The Halfway Inn, Nanai Road.

189144479_3741251469310138_387941875534510551_n.jpeg

That would probably be the best breakfast around, and great value for money to boot.

 

Not only that Nan, who will cook your breakfast, is also a great cook and can rustle up just about anything.

 

Dave, her husband, is also a great host.

 

Can highly recommend it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

That served by a young strumpet you met the night before that was so pleased the way things went the previous night and early next day that you awaken out of the morning/afternoon amour-haze to the smell of strong fresh coffee and bacon/eggs she found in the fridge!

And was cooking to take home to her boyfriend

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2021 at 10:13 AM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Fatboys (Nanai Rd) is acceptable.  

Novotel (or any Beach Rd. 5*) Buffet Breakfast Best. Omelettes cooked to order, etc.

 

Is this recent info Re Fatboys as last I looked it was all shut up even before Covid... Granted food was good value back then the Carvery etc and Great Yourkshire pudds but back end 2019 it was closed up

Edited by Lokie
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lokie said:

Is this recent info Re Fatboys as last I looked it was all shut up even before Covid... Granted food was good value back then the Carvery etc and Great Yourkshire pudds but back end 2019 it was closed up

Fatboy's in Patong promotes their Sunday Roast and Saturday Ribs on Facebook every week, most recently 2 days ago.

Appears to be still going strong:  https://www.facebook.com/fatboys.cafe.restaurant

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lokie said:

Is this recent info Re Fatboys as last I looked it was all shut up even before Covid... Granted food was good value back then the Carvery etc and Great Yourkshire pudds but back end 2019 it was closed up

 

3 hours ago, DrDave said:

Fatboy's in Patong promotes their Sunday Roast and Saturday Ribs on Facebook every week, most recently 2 days ago.

Appears to be still going strong:  https://www.facebook.com/fatboys.cafe.restaurant

F

 

11 hours ago, Lokie said:

Is this recent info Re Fatboys as last I looked it was all shut up even before Covid... Granted food was good value back then the Carvery etc and Great Yourkshire pudds but back end 2019 it was closed up

Fatboys is still open and still serving a very good English breakfast , only closed on Mondays

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brick Top said:

 

F

 

Fatboys is still open and still serving a very good English breakfast , only closed on Mondays

J still there or has it changed hands? - (I dont do FB)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lokie said:

J still there or has it changed hands? - (I dont do FB)

Yes , if you have not been there for a while they moved right next door into much bigger premises

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I had a post about this, or rather good English Breakfast a while ago, and had some good replies, do a quick search...

 

I tried a few, but I ended up going to Quenchers after that, it was okay for me..., always good service and consistent standard every time, something hard to find in LOS....!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 2:40 PM, easydoor said:

The best breakfast: I find it at HOME. Backing my own bread, can buy everything I need to make a real good breakfast myself.

Backing bread is a new one on me..........

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, pagallim said:

The Halfway Inn, Nanai Road.

189144479_3741251469310138_387941875534510551_n.jpeg

 

Tried it last week. Food Ok but no atmosphere. Big barn and I was the sole punter. Time 13,00 mid week. Wont be back. Sorry. Many better places on Nanai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

No prices on any of those breakfasts then?

If they're more than 99bht, I'd probably give them a miss.

 The halfway was 240 full or 120 baht half. Half enough for me. egg, bacon, hash brown, mushroom, beans, toast, coffee and orange. Good value I thought. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...