Main Distribution Board - Mysterious Wires

ExpatOilWorker

Is there any logic to the white wires all coiled up and left blinded off?

5 seemingly identical white wires runs to the distribution board, but only one is connected to the neutral bar on the left, the other 4 are just left taped off. Why?

The blue wire is another mystery. 

20211024_151947.jpg

20211024_151952.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Seriously, lord only knows, it was wired by a Thai sparks :whistling:

They could be "spare" neutrals that he ran and then decided that the whole installation would be OK on one neutral wire. This would of course be worrying. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Seriously, lord only knows, it was wired by a Thai sparks :whistling:

They could be "spare" neutrals that he ran and then decided that the whole installation would be OK on one neutral wire. This would of course be worrying. 

I am afraid it is even worse, it was most likely a Burmese sparky who did the installation. 

I also think they have bundle all the neutrals together, probably somewhere hidden behind the ceiling and then just left the 4 redundant wires taped off.

There are 3 other black wires going to the neutral bar, which could be from the 2 ACs and the pool pump.

All lights are LED and apart from a power hungry old fridge (2.5 kwh/day) power consumption is low so a single neutral is not as alarming as it sound.

The blue wire? Same thing?

• Like 1

I found you!!!

All of the 4 white wires just ends in a junction box under the house. 2 of them actually double back and is 2 ends of the same wire in the main distribution board.

I could relatively easy pull them all out, but for now they stay as they are.

The blue wire continues up into the wall of the house, so that remain a mystery. 

20211101_142549.jpg

• Like 1