Thailandpass $50,000 new insurance requirement

Does anyone know if there is a problem with having a large deductible on the insurance policy? Example I found a policy that covers the $50,000 usd covid coverage but the policy has a $5,000 usd deductible and 75/25 coverage and the cost is $63.00 usd for the 1.5 months that is needed to cover my whole stay. Thank you  

• Like 1

I believe you only need the cover for the duration of the permission to stay you get on entry, so assuming you're planning on coming in on a Non-Imm O you'd only need the cover for the initial 90 days. 

At most (e.g. Elite Visa / Non-Imm OA) you'd only need the cover for 1 Year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Why not. Many insurances have deductibles. All have exclusions. I read my "covid-19 $100,000* insurance, actually $250,000 USD backed by Tokio Marine, ltd. page for page.???? wondering when it does kick in cover there is so much bolierplate? It would be better if Thailand charged each tourist 300 baht per day of stay automatically including accident and hospital coverage backed by the Thai government.

Having insurance by itself is never a guarantee the hospital gets paid.

Why would the fiercely desired  multimillionaires buy such insurance unless coerced?

Nothing but a bit of paper to satisfy immigration, coming in. What the OP needs is a official looking certificate clearly indicating the period of coverage and limits of coverage. Preferably from a known company. IOs don't have the time to read long contracts but surely there will be fakes. A year pass due and Digital Healh Passports are nowhere to be seen.

The cover is needed to get your CoE (Soon to become "Thailand Pass") so it will be the people who approve these that will be reviewing your policy, IOs should know it's already been scrutinised/approved so I doubt need to see anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Travis179 said:

Good question. If I may ask, what carrier are you using? I looked at Luma the other day, I didn't see any $50k policies listed yet. Thanks. 

Insubuy.c..  the policy states 100 k to 500k for stuff like death or reparation of your body but for covid and other emergency's 50k after ded is met  

• Like 1

I do have insurance (Allianz) but as the saying goes, there are no guarantees in life. There is so much fine print, exclusions, deductibles, loopholes and whatnot in their policies. I'm banking on my bitcoins as a more reliable insurance. Amassed a pile of them a decade ago and will keep hoarding them until they're worth 100k up each. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Hope so. When I entered this year there were long lines, checking paper documents,

If my COEs were already approved why make people wait hours, indeed  in case of sandbox , checking documents that are already approved? 

No lines when I entered Phuket on Oct 1st. Through and PCR tested within 45 mins

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Swings and roundabouts... 

July 2020 (ASQ BKK) -  Front of Plane = Front of arrival queue... Seated, documents checked, out of airport in 30mins (very surprised).

April 2021 (ASQ BKK) - Front of Plane = Front of arrival queue... Seated, documents checked, waited 2 hours before we moved, no explanation, pushed for an answer, another plane landing at the same time.

Sept 2021 (SandBox HKT) - Very back of plane = very back of queue (250 ppl in front of me - looked like a 2 hr wait), pre-arranged Thai Elite pickup, out of airport in 30 mins. 

I found the time it can take to get through very dependant on where you sit on the flight and the queue ahead of you when you exit, the other timing is very hit and miss, dependant of the arrival of other flights.

Without other ppl in front of you - 30mins to get through, with a full flight ahead of you it could take 3 hours. 

If an other flight lands at the same time and they process that flight first it could take longer. 

The system of sitting people down and checking documents needs to be streamlined if they are expecting a lot more visitors on a lot more flights. 

Dont say that, or they will streamline it by removing the chairs, and leave you standing up for hours!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The system of sitting people down and checking documents needs to be streamlined if they are expecting a lot more visitors on a lot more flights. 

I believe that's the main goal of the ThailandPass - show the QR code you get from it, they scan it, no need to check the majority of the paperwork.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I believe you only need the cover for the duration of the permission to stay you get on entry, so assuming you're planning on coming in on a Non-Imm O you'd only need the cover for the initial 90 days. 

At most (e.g. Elite Visa / Non-Imm OA) you'd only need the cover for 1 Year. 

Does the Elita Visa require this insurance? I had thought not.