Blepharoplasty Eye Lid Surgery

tuffy

I am interested in getting cosmetic surgery on my upper eye lids ( droopy upper eye lids).

What are your impressions or recommendations in BKK?

How long to fully recover and what did you pay?

Any complications?

I plan on getting Lasik then later i want to fix my eye lids since i won't have glasses to hide behind!

Please let me know of your experiences with this surgery.

Thanks!

I am interested in getting cosmetic surgery on my upper eye lids ( droopy upper eye lids).

Any complications? I plan on getting Lasik then later i want to fix my eye lids since i won't have glasses to hide behind! Please let me know of your experiences with this surgery.

Thanks!

Hi,

I had upper eyelid surgery nearly 20 years ago in the US and it took about 10 days to recover fully; no complications. I had a very good doctor. As for surgery in Thailand: I encourage you to call or E-mail Dr. Witoon. I've never had eyelid surgery with him although I've seen him for other procedures. He is enormously skilled, talented, and he cares about his patients. In my opinion, it is the best decision one who is considering cosmetic surgery in Thailand could make!!! His details below and check out recommendations made by former patients on his website.

Clinic Soi 1

www.surgery-thailand.com

220/2-3 Sukhumwit Soi 1

Bangkok 10110

Thailand

Tel : (66) (2) 255 5525 & 251 2066 - 7

Fax : (66) (2) 252 7975

[email protected]

As for fees: those vary widely. You can check out Bumrungrad Hospital (and others in Bangkok) for their packages although Dr. Witoon is generally higher. He is worth it!

Thanks Jintana, I will look him up when I get ready. I think I will have the Lasik done first them worry about the eyelids in a few months. Was there any scaring from your surgery?

Thanks Jintana, I will look him up when I get ready. I think I will have the Lasik done first them worry about the eyelids in a few months. Was there any scaring from your surgery?

try yanhee hospital in bkk probabaly the biggest in thailand,ive seen some ladyboys who have had there eyes done and they look great.........

I had absolutely no scarring and I was very selective about my surgeon.

I encourage you to seek referrals as you are and consult with several surgeons.

You'll most likely know when you've made the right match.

That is exactly what I did when I first decided to have surgery in Thailand a

long time ago and I met Dr. Witoon.

Remember to check his website and recommendations made by former patients.

Good luck.

Has anyone had a bad experience or know someone who has with this type of surgery?

I had uppers done in Pattaya last year.  Although, had to go back twice as one eye was left with to much skin.  Its easy than having a dental crown, but the trick is to choose an experienced surgeon with a good attitude.  I rushed in, and although its ok it could have been a lot better.  Cheap as chips compaired to UK - only 15K :D

I think i will have it done again for my 21st birthday :o

Has anyone had a bad experience or know someone who has with this type of surgery?

I had uppers done in Pattaya last year. Although, had to go back twice as one eye was left with to much skin. Its easy than having a dental crown, but the trick is to choose an experienced surgeon with a good attitude. I rushed in, and although its ok it could have been a lot better. Cheap as chips compaired to UK - only 15K :D

I think i will have it done again for my 21st birthday :o

A good lesson for everyone reading this. The writer states "Cheap as chips...-only 15K" and then continues to cite problems due to less than quality surgery. Bumrungrad Hospital, the most exensive in Thailand, charges Bt 34,000 for the identical surgery. Fees somewhere between the two, charged by a good surgeon, might be more than reasonable @ 24,500+/- without having to return twice for additional surgery. Ouch!! It goes without saying that it is really important to make every effort to choose the right surgeon in the first place by doing one's homework, and not looking at the bottom line, his/her fees. A few more baht would have saved a lot of pain and grief.

try yanhee hospital in bkk probabaly the biggest in thailand,ive seen some ladyboys who have had there eyes done and they look great.........

I can also recommend Yanhee Hospital - My wife had the surgury done on one eye 3 months ago - cost was 12,000 baht - took about 1 hour - she had some minor swelling that lasted about 10 days - suggest you go and talk to the staff there

we came back a week later to have the stitches removed - no scarring

Any complications?

I plan on getting Lasik then later i want to fix my eye lids since i won't have glasses to hide behind!

Thanks!

I wasn't impressed by Yanhee !

I went there after yet another drunken night and waking up thinking who's that old git in the mirror!

Got upper and lower eyes done about 6 months ago.... had sore lower eyes ever since. The scaring on the upper eyelids is still very noticable but the real pain is the tear ducts. I look like I've been crying most of the time. Went back to complain and the guy just gave me some eye drops and told me I'de be fine in another 6 months... which conveniently takes it outside his "warranty" period. :o

Think my chances of male modelling are over but only myself and my vanity to blame!

:o BUMRUNGRAD HOSPITAL IS CLEARLY THE ANSWER HERE. STATE-OF-THE-ART PROCEDURES AND EQUIPMENT.

Any complications?

Thanks!

It's interesting to come across this thread, as i am also looking to find a surgeon who can perform a lower blepharoplasty on me. As i live in Thailand, it would seem to be difficult to have to fly back to the UK for consultations, and then again to have an operation done, and if i can find an expert here then it would be preferable for me to have it done here.

But the problem that i am having in trying to research this is finding out who the best surgeons are in Thailand for the procedure that i want doing. Does anyone know how i can gain more information about this? Or does anyone know who is regarded as the best for eye surgery (expense is not really a problem)? As i cannot read and write Thai, searching Thai forums and asking questions is unfortunately beyond me, but i really do want to find the best and most experienced surgeon that i can. If i was a wealthy Thai film star, who would i go and see?

There seems to be many who are offering a vast array of procedures, but i guess they all must have operations that they are better and more experienced at performing, as bateman75's tale attests to. Who was your doctor bateman, so i know who to avoid? The problem for me here, as opposed to the UK, is knowing if the surgeon you are speaking to has a history of happy or unhappy customers.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had (lower) blepharoplasty done in March by Dr. Tongtip at Bumrungrad. No complication or pain (I didn't have to take any pain medication at all!) whatsoever. Took about 10 days for the bruising to disappear completely.

Any complications?

Thanks!

I wasn't impressed by Yanhee !

I went there after yet another drunken night and waking up thinking who's that old git in the mirror!

Got upper and lower eyes done about 6 months ago.... had sore lower eyes ever since. The scaring on the upper eyelids is still very noticable but the real pain is the tear ducts. I look like I've been crying most of the time. Went back to complain and the guy just gave me some eye drops and told me I'de be fine in another 6 months... which conveniently takes it outside his "warranty" period. :o

Think my chances of male modelling are over but only myself and my vanity to blame!

What is to blame is your Drunken night before going to surgery,, Before going for any surgery you should have to refrain from smoking and drinking for at least 2 weeks,, if not this would cause the wound to heal very slow and bleeding, the usual healing for upper and lower eyelid surgery usually takes 1 o 2 weeks , then the scars would be like a normal crease on the eyelid, and it would also depend on each and every person, some heal really fast 3-5 days and some takes months. They can be lenient with the guarantee if it is just a few weeks after the date.

Any complications?

Thanks!

You can try calling Yanhee Hospital @ 02879 0300 ext 3761 for more details in English