What does a Thai anti vaxxer, or AN anti vaxxer look like?

Bluetongue

I would be mildly interested to find out what the profile of a typical anti-vaxxer is, both amongst Thai people and amongst board members. For instance whilst I was in Australia recently, I noticed that amongst friends, colleagues peers etc (people I actually knew) whose vaccine views became apparent to me they were all middle aged to older females. There were 5 in total at least 4 had some level of involvement with some level of alternative medicine, Bowen therapy and the like and at least 3 were in my opinion, barking mad as far as their opinion of Covid went, like it doesn't exist etc, all the vaccinated will die etc. Maybe the males keep their views to themselves. On Facebook etc males seem to be more prevalent with their over long, never get to the point videos. Often blue collar workers such as truckies.

Whats it like here? Around my village quite a few people are definitely anti-Sinovac. On this forum there seems to be a few, mostly newbies looking for an argument or is that just my perception?

Edited by Bluetongue
hit trigger too early

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I should have added anthropogenic climate change denialists to the list. You know, folks who prefer bias to science. Possibly also Brexiters, too. 

Let me repeat my question .........

How many of the current vaccines and boosters will I need to take before you're happy?

If I take the two on offer, will that satisfy you, or will you start calling me an 'anti-booster'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Gets rather tiresome , the Left and the Right standing in opposing corners and pointing fingers at each other and saying its "All your fault" , then going on about Trump and Brexit 

What gets tiresome is "both-sidesism". Clearly in the case of vaccination in the USA, it's the red states that are lagging. And the correlation is even stronger when vote totals by county are taken into account.

And the question was asked about the characteristics of anti-vaxxer members of aseannow.com. I think the evidence shows that in this forum opinions strongly align with one's political views.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The fact that you claimed above that vaccines are ineffective, despite the huge amount of evidence to the contrary, kind of undercuts your claim not to be an anti-vaxxer.

COVID vaccine appears to be partially ineffective as the UK and Israel are mostly vaccinated but still having record infections. If the vaccine worked effectively COVID would be as dead as Polio and Smallpox.

The pro-vax answer is to have boosters, but I'm wondering how often ...... 4x a year forever?

And how many COVID shots do I need to have before I'm not an anti-vaxxer?

I had COVID vaccination as soon as it was locally available, 1 so far, another in 2 weeks.

Will that be enough for you?

Edited by BritManToo

is that a five minute or ten minute argument ? (Famous Monty Python Sketch).

right wing means conservative rational conventional democratic capiltalist scientific opinions including pro- vaxx.

extreme right wing means fascist religious intolerant cruel dogmatic conspiracy folk inc. anti - vaxx.

usa an odd paradox. the most developed advanced powerful nation but with large numbers of fanatical religious anti- govt. anti- science conspiracy loons. symptoms of the disease over fifty years of deranged left wing high tax anti- white welfare & globalist open borders policies.

once religion / culture has enabled the suspension of rational thought, its then so easy to adopt ANY pseudo science.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

COVID vaccine appears to be ineffective as the UK and Israel are mostly vaccinated but still having record infections.

If the vaccine worked effectively COVID would be as dead as Polio and Smallpox.

Why am I not surprised that the standard you set for effectiveness not only has little relation to the epidemiological definition,, but also to consequences in the real world. Is someone who has been vaccinated, less likely, as likely, or more likely to suffer severe symptoms and possibly even die from covid-19 than someone who has not been vaccinated?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

COVID vaccine appears to be ineffective as the UK and Israel are mostly vaccinated but still having record infections. If the vaccine worked effectively COVID would be as dead as Polio and Smallpox.

The pro-vax answer is to have boosters, but I'm wondering how often ...... 4x a year forever?

And how many COVID shots do I need to have before I'm not an anti-vaxxer?

I had COVID vaccination as soon as it was locally available, 1 so far, another in 2 weeks.

Will that be enough for you?

Israel curve has dipped right down, their vaccine profile was unusual though. Pockets of the community, orthodox Jews, Arabs etc were against it amongst other things. But its nowhere like UK atm

34 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

On this forum there seems to be a few, mostly newbies looking for an argument or is that just my perception?

I think you'll find the vast majority of those "newbies" are actually returnees (banned or on posting holiday)/troll accounts of existing members.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

but also to consequences in the real world. Is someone who has been vaccinated, less likely, as likely, or more likely to suffer severe symptoms and possibly even die from covid-19 than someone who has not been vaccinated?

Had COVID right at the start, wasn't any worse than flu for me.

Was slightly worse for my woman, not as bad for my son, no symptoms for my daughter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

I think you'll find the vast majority of those "newbies" are actually returnees (banned or on posting holiday)/troll accounts of existing members.

Thanks, I've heard of such things, not such an avid poster that I would ever do that myself. I seem to not get banned, sometimes things are deleted without explanation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Like one 65 year old woman Bowen therapist, went from being a Covid nazi, husband wasn't allowed in the house, spraying everything etc, to ceasing her clinic, watching FOX all day long in lockdown, Trump supporting, rabid anti vaxxer all in 8 months. An astonishing transformation.

Thats Byron Bay for you! 

• Like 1