VET expense

So 3850 in total? Seems expensive I reckon. I had an x-ray for a dog swallowed a bone and couldn't pass it, it was 600, that was a coupla years ago. The Vets make their money on the medicine as per the doctors here, often if you can buy it elsewhere its cheaper for not fancy stuff. Its still cheap compared to home of course, I do try to remedy at home first though

• Like 1

Unclear whether it was 2500 all up , or 3840.  But either way , not too bad if includes xrays. Digital or Film?  These machines are expensive to buy - and as the vet is a private business, he has to recoup his outlay somehow.

We charged about 10,000 Baht (equivalent) for xrays in my practice (+ sedation, + consultation etc) - probably explains why I am retired here now! 

• 1 month later...

I have a similar concern.  For vets, mainly in BKK and vicinity, but also in Thailand, in general, is it usual to present the client with a proper itemized bill, or just a lump sum for treatment? 

The vet I use seems to treat the animals very well, which is the main reason I have been tolerant of his billing method (no itemization), but I feel that things have been spiraling out of control in the last 2-3 years but mainly this year.  The tension between the vet and me has risen quite a bit this year, but especially in the last 3-4 months.  

Would it be reasonable for me to start demanding an itemized bill?  That's why I would like to know others' experiences with vets here.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, Neeranam said:

Just checking in not being ripped off. 

1340 for quick xray, medicine and vat etc 2500 baht. 

Seems a lot to me for 20 min consultatuon. 

I paid 50bht for a health check on one of my rabbits last weekend.

Previously,

I've paid 100bht for Ivermetcin injections.

300bht for antibiotic injections (x3 on consecutive days for poop problems, total 900bht).

Edited by BritManToo