flying domestic .Confusing information .can someone please clarify .without guessing.

jippytum

I am resident in Thailand and have received two vaccinations. Now fourteen days since vaccination i wish  to book a domestic flight from Bangkok to Chaing Mai after opening November the 1st.

I will be staying at a hotel in Chaing Mai.

I have received conflicting  advice from two airlines departing BKK. also the hotel management.

Do i require a full 19 PCR test  72 hours prior  to departure.?

Another test is required at the airport upon arrival at CNX .Is this a PCR test or a rapid antigen test. A  PCR test would cost another 3800 baht + a night in a government hotel waiting for the result.

If a rapid antigen test is required at arrival what is the cost and waiting time to obtain the result.

The hotel will not accept registration without evidence of two recent negative tests plus double vaccination confirmation  plus the Mor Chana app .

I think some of the  conflicting requirements advised are for international travelers not domestic .

To be honest i have no intention of paying 7800 baht++ for two PCR tests when my flight with Thai is 1400 baht .

• Haha 2

If you are fully vaccinated you don't need to do the tests.

Best if you have the MorProm app installed on your phone, showing the

vaccinations. Some users have posted difficulties with that, I personally

didn't have any (I have a pink card and the 13-digits are what they want).

Failing that, the certificate of vaccination given to you (hopefully) when

you completed the cycle should suffice.

Hopefully the numbers in CM will decrease soon, at the moment it's

a little worrying here. Welcome!

• Like 2

It looks like you cannot fly if you do not have a cell phone, is that true? Is it possible to fly if you have a certificate of vaccination in your hand to show at the airport?

It seems to me that the pandemic has in effect made cell phones in Thailand mandatory. There is no written law saying you have to have one, but then again it is getting harder and harder to do things without a cell phone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Then again, for the many people that spend much of their life/time staring at their phone screen and being oblivious to the World around them, those people seem to have left the world behind and they live in cyberspace 

What you do with your fone is up to you.

What you can not do without a smart fone - why restrict yourself ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe I'll be having a problem mid Nov. Our daughter and her husband are coming to visit 12  Nov - 5 Dec. We plan on a trip to Phuket 21 Nov - 25 Nov. Both me and the wife have start phones with prepaid service but only my phone has WiFi connection to  DTAC  which I pay 200 B pre month extra for the wife has her vaccine info on her phone that only works if she can log in to a free WiFi Do not know if the BKK airport has free WiFi connation?

3 hours ago, Dickp said:

I believe I'll be having a problem mid Nov. Our daughter and her husband are coming to visit 12  Nov - 5 Dec. We plan on a trip to Phuket 21 Nov - 25 Nov. Both me and the wife have start phones with prepaid service but only my phone has WiFi connection to  DTAC  which I pay 200 B pre month extra for the wife has her vaccine info on her phone that only works if she can log in to a free WiFi Do not know if the BKK airport has free WiFi connation?

Pay in advance for a package of one-week of mobile data on your mobile (around 200 Baht), then tether to your wife's mobile via Bluetooth. She will be able to access the Internet and open her Mor Phrom App by using your mobile data connection. Your mobile provider can set this up for you.

10 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

It looks like you cannot fly if you do not have a cell phone, is that true? Is it possible to fly if you have a certificate of vaccination in your hand to show at the airport?

It seems to me that the pandemic has in effect made cell phones in Thailand mandatory. There is no written law saying you have to have one, but then again it is getting harder and harder to do things without a cell phone. 

Sadly that has become the case in most of the "developed" world.

On 10/28/2021 at 2:18 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I manage fine without a smart phone , never had one and so don't miss not having one .

Rather like the blind from birth saying they don’t miss being unable to see.. One can 'manage' but it restricts convenience and ability to do much more.

• Like 1

More bad news for those who do not have a smartphone.  On my latest trip to the US I discovered my less than one year old Samsung phone was not compatible with two of the major cell phone networks.  I wondered why and was told all USA networks are upgrading their networks for 5G.  Therefore, I could not connect with a one year old smartphone on some networks and if I could the data service was extremely slow(like less than 1 mbps).  The large 5G network upgrade has not come to LOS as yet but slowly it will be coming and many of us will have to upgrade to a 5G network compatible smartphone  Upon returning to LOS I went to a local shop and bought the cheapest 5G phone I could find.  

Hate to say it but a smartphone is a necessity. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, seedy said:

Anyone today who does not have a smart fone ...

Well, what is there to say - the world has left them behind.

Indeed so. You can even download an app that helps to spell correctly ????

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dickp said:

Bkk has free wifi

Your wife could also just turn on her internet for a few minutes, costs 1 or 2THB or so per minute without a package.

Or she could just take a screenshot of the app and show this.

Or she could carry her paper certificate.

I really don't see a problem.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Bkk has free wifi

Your wife could also just turn on her internet for a few minutes, costs 1 or 2THB or so per minute without a package.

Or she could just take a screenshot of the app and show this.

Or she could carry her paper certificate.

I really don't see a problem.

Or hotspot between his and her phones!