Need some advice Marriage visa

I was on a retirement visa because it was easier, but now we need some of the 800,000 baht that is on permanent bank hold while on the retirement visa. We started the process to convert to a marriage visa however we are running into a issue with the amphur not accepting the US consulate paperwork because apparently the US consulate will not certify that our marriage certificate is real. Even though we where married in the United States. I was told that some amphur however know this about the US consulate and will go ahead and rubber stamp the paperwork anyway. I am in Pathum Thani, does anyone know of a amphur that deal with more foreigners particularly Americans?

11 minutes ago, DaveMG said:

I am in Pathum Thani, does anyone know of a amphur that deal with more foreigners particularly Americans?

I believe you have to register your marriage in the area your Amphur is in, although I could be wrong ?

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe you have to register your marriage in the area your Amphur is in, although I could be wrong ?

You can do it wherever.  I was married in Bangrak, divorced in Banglamung.  Easy.  Bangrak might be a good choice, given the number of foreigners they handle there, being the district of lurve as it is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You can do it wherever.  I was married in Bangrak, divorced in Banglamung.  Easy.  Bangrak might be a good choice, given the number of foreigners they handle there, being the district of lurve as it is.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

You apparently were trying to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry at a Amphoe that immigration requires.

I have never heard of a Amphoe not accepting a affidavit done at the US embassy to self certify your marriage certificate. Did you have it and your marriage certificate translated to Thai and have it certified at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok? The will also certify the consular officers signature on the affidavit.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:46 PM, Upnotover said:

Bangrak might be a good choice, given the number of foreigners they handle there, being the district of lurve as it is.

Agreed. If anything to do with marriage paperwork is doable this is the place to try.

When we got married my local Amper then , dragged their feet over it either because as they said , they had no experience of dealing with foreigners , or maybe they were waiting for a brown envelope.

Either way , we  sent our witnesses home and took a taxi to Bangrak. They ironed out one slight issue and even provided witnesses. Marriage is a good earner for them and they try hard not to turn anyone away.

• Like 1