question about CoE and the transition to Thai pass on Nov 1st

Sadly it doesn't look as smooth a time getting the CoE as some of the posts here. There was some confusion on the form, and while I would like to blame that on some terrible guidelines that contradicted themselves.. The Thailand gov side means little in the overall scheme of things.

That out of the way: the question I have is if I meet all the criteria of the Thai pass but have not received a CoE by Nov1st(i fly the 1st and land in Bangkok on the 3rd), will I still be able to enter as the CoE has been replaced by the time I land?

I have had no luck w/ the various embassies in the USA Los angelus vr no one picks up the phone and the message box is full and auto disconnects you w/o any other options. Sadly I found the other two(Chicago and DC) to be of similar issues. 

Scanning the forum posts seem to indicate that the CoE is still a req assumptions and all that...

additional query.. the flight leaves USA on Nov 1st and lands on the 3rd w/ the 2nd being 11hr overlay in Tokyo.. by the 2nd the from for the Thailand pass should be up and i could fill it in on my layover..

my main goal is to try to cover all bases because atm if i can not figure a way out of this i am going to need to start moving/canceling stuff.. my flub but painful none the less.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You can use the COE you have now up to the 8th of November. After the 7th it may not be accepted.

sadly i don't have my CoE yet. form error got it rejected initially and while i relisted it I have not heard back and seeing as it is the weekend I doubt i will see it come in before i fly out. I flay out at 5pm on Monday so there is a possibly ..i mean my Sunday is there Monday so i would have roughly 35ish hours for them to process it and accept it.. assuming i didn't <deleted> up on the form...

Without a COE you will not be flying. You must produce a valid COE to board the plane.

From 1 November you can also apply for a ThailandPass. This is a separate system that you will have to apply for all over again. COE applications have nothing to do with ThailandPass applications. At the present time, a ThailandPass is scheduled to take up to 1 week to be granted.

If you do not have a COE or a ThailandPass, you will not be allowed to board the plane.

• Like 2

what consulate u using.  if in states they have a consulate for each state u supposed to use. it would not suprise me if one used the wrong consulate , they might not be responsive as each consulate covers certain states.  that is number one.  i just got my coe today. i begged him and magically i got approved.  presto it just showed up in my in box.  print it off and you are ready to go. so secondly if you have monday ,   u can do this!!!!!  find out what time your consulate is opening and select the option on phone every thing else .  not the visa option on phone.  call the nuumber right now to hear those options.  my situation was that i wasnt hearing back either.,  when i called chicago today they said that thai authorities had tagged my vacc card for some reason,  the nice rep on phone somehow over rided it.  and i got my coe . in a matter of minutes.  thirdly your assumption that they dont answer the phone is totally wrong.  if u want this done on monday first thing . u phone them first thing ...............i do not agree that they dont answer . i phoned chicago about 5 times today get my pre approval figured out and they answered every time.  so u are wrong about that.  my guess is that u are missing some document on your form.   now to get it done on monday u need to have your hotel quarantine thing fully completed.  and apparenty a certificate from hotel sent to your email,  the rep on phone at consulate can help u figure where to put on form.  in my case i think the rep allowed the coe without the form as i had a reservation and he believed me.  i really beleive the consulates have power to fudge the rules a little if they think they are dealing with a responsible person on other end of phone.  to get it done on monday you have to have your duckss in a row before you call.  if you have to try to submit a new registration right now.  rememver for final approval u need that hotel confirmation letter from hotel.  

6 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Without a COE you will not be flying. You must produce a valid COE to board the plane.

From 1 November you can also apply for a ThailandPass. This is a separate system that you will have to apply for all over again. COE applications have nothing to do with ThailandPass applications. At the present time, a ThailandPass is scheduled to take up to 1 week to be granted.

If you do not have a COE or a ThailandPass, you will not be allowed to board the plane.

he wont get a thailand pass in one day but he might get a coe in one day if hes on it first thing with a phone call to right consulate .  if hes in nyc,  and calls la i dont think they will help him

Just now, earthscar said:

sadly i don't have my CoE yet. form error got it rejected initially and while i relisted it I have not heard back and seeing as it is the weekend I doubt i will see it come in before i fly out. I flay out at 5pm on Monday so there is a possibly ..i mean my Sunday is there Monday so i would have roughly 35ish hours for them to process it and accept it.. assuming i didn't <deleted> up on the form...

i dont think they work sundays on phone,  u need a phone call with them.  the guy that did mine today really wanted to help.  this monday they will be staffed to the hilt,  call first thing monday u will get it if you have your hotel totally ready with confirmation , etc . consulate wants to see your hotel info. so you dont leave airport on your own

fingers crossed, appreciate the feedback.

has nothing to do with luck it has to do with you calling the correct consulate  . talking to  a live person. and having all the correct info they need.  presto . they email you a coe.  u print it off an dyou fly if your preflight pcr test also says negative.  presto

additional query.. the flight leaves USA on Nov 1st and lands on the 3rd w/ the 2nd being 11hr overlay in Tokyo.. by the 2nd the from for the Thailand pass should be up and i could fill it in on my layover..

my main goal is to try to cover all bases because atm if i can not figure a way out of this i am going to need to start moving/canceling stuff.. my flub but painful none the less.

thai consulate might be concerned about that 11 hour layover in tokyo.  they grilled me today about the various legs of my flight thru germany on the way to bkk.  if u leave airport in tokyo they might not like that ,  as you could be exposed to covid mid way during flight in a transit city

first..thanks for the help the community is what makes this place so good.

USA has 4 embassies for Thailand:https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/about-consulate/consulates-jurisdiction-map/

I did miss the NY one but i cycled thru them

this is semi hectic because i initially didn't think it was a heathy/smart thing for me to go to Thailand atm but my GFs mother is being put into palliative care and she isn't handling it very well. off to offer what support i can. Having had my mother pass away at 53(47 for my GF) I remember how <deleted> it was to consider the fact my mother wouldnt make it past 53...

20211029_211954.jpg.381f29e6c27811f4f8592cfeb8e6a2e8.jpg

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

thai consulate might be concerned about that 11 hour layover in tokyo.  they grilled me today about the various legs of my flight thru germany on the way to bkk.  if u leave airport in tokyo they might not like that ,  as you could be exposed to covid mid way during flight in a transit city

ya the flights out of Seattle are a bit nuts even if i took a more expensive: read replace 704$ w/ 1,500$ it just gets you closer to thailand but then you get to Tokyo or Soul that the last leg of the journey seems to bog down.I wasn't thinking the Japan Gov. would even let me leave the airport..not that i want to. Its a Covid world so i don't hold it against them but I can say w/ emphasis that it isn't sound fun.

7 minutes ago, earthscar said:

USA has 4 embassies for Thailand:https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/about-consulate/consulates-jurisdiction-map/

I did miss the NY one but i cycled thru them

The only embassy is in Washington DC the other 3 are official Thai consulates not embassies.

There is never more than one embassy in any country.

• Like 2

ya the flights out of Seattle are a bit nuts even if i took a more expensive: read replace 704$ w/ 1,500$ it just gets you closer to thailand but then you get to Tokyo or Soul that the last leg of the journey seems to bog down.I wasn't thinking the Japan Gov. would even let me leave the airport..not that i want to. Its a Covid world so i don't hold it against them but I can say w/ emphasis that it isn't sound fun.

i have no idea what u are speaking about.  when u talk to consulate if they dont know what u talking about they have the power to reject you from the coe. up to you

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only embassy is in Washington DC the other 3 are official Thai consulates not embassies.

There is never more than one embassy in any country.

interesting i mistook the line they had(wouldn't be the first time). When I click on the WA/west coast region on the map it pops up that message which is what led my to believe that i would need to use LA(i tried all because i borrowed a friend phone so i could up my call game ????

These state you selected is under jurisdiction of:

The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles

When i call the LA on it does have a line for CoEs ext. 204 and ext. 225. the image i posted was just the LA on for today. Both lines(one to a female(Voice) and the other to a male(voice),on their answering machines, stated they where there to assist but shortly after the message plays for their ext. it says the machine is full and disconnects you.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can use the COE you have now up to the 8th of November. After the 7th it may not be accepted.

spacer.png

A COE approved before 1 November will still be honored.

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Entering-Thailand-after-1-November-THandENG-final-1.pdf

Edited by fusion58

There's also this:

UPDATE (October 30th) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) has released new guidelines, and we have updated the information on this page.

From 1 November 2021, the Certificate of Entry (COE) registration website will be closed for new registration. The applicant can apply for Thailand new electronic entry document (Thailand Pass QR code) at https://tp.consular.go.th which will be open for registration from 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs. onwards.

The website will allow traveller whose application has been pre-approved to continue their application process to obtain COE from the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General until 7 November 2021.

For travellers who have been issued COE and will arrive in Thailand from 1 November 2021 onwards, the COE is valid for entering Thailand.

The travellers can update the COE format which will mention the condition of stay complying with new entry regulations by downloading the revised COE document at this registration website (https://coethailand.mfa.go.th) or the link from your COE approval notification email.

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass