Thai PM agrees to Loy Krathong festival being held nationwide

webfact

054A4ED5-5196-472C-A302-DFCB4DF7DB1C.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has given the greenlight to the state and private sectors to hold this year’s Loy Krathong festival, provided that there are adequate health safety measures, under the COVID-free setting and universal prevention programmes, in place.

Ms. Rachada Dhnadirek, deputy spokesperson forGovernment House, said today (Saturday) that rules have been set, with which organisers of the festival at each venue must strictly comply.

These include a ban on fireworks, flying lanterns, flares and firecrackers and celebrants should refrain from drinking. Officials must check public transport, such as boats and buses,to make sure they are safe for commuters during the festival.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-pm-agrees-to-loy-krathong-festival-being-held-nationwide/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has given the greenlight to the state and private sectors to hold this year’s Loy Krathong festival, provided that there are adequate health safety measures, under the COVID-free setting and universal prevention programmes, in place.

I was told yesterday that Nakhon pathoms phra pathom chedi temple [ampur mueang] has cancelled it's Loy Krathong festive and the 10 day market that's held within the temple grounds.

However people are free to "float Krathongs" in the evening to celebrate the day

On 10/31/2021 at 4:41 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

The loy kratong festival I attended all the Kratongs were biodegradable. You are out of touch

My Mrs made one in the freezer using ice last year.... didn't float too well.

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 12:43 PM, CelticBhoy said:

Go and enjoy yourselves everyone, but don't forget there's . . . . 

". . . . a ban on fireworks, flying lanterns, flares and firecrackers and celebrants should refrain from drinking. "

A festival with the fun sucked out of it! What a shower of damp squibs.

Loy Grathong is not about drinking or flying lanterns, you're not in Drumnadrochit now, Toto, and it's not Guy Fawkes night. 

Loi Kaboom , about 5 years ago where I live going through an area between 2 buildings some brats were throwing fireworks , the noise was so intense I think I have a burst eardrum .  My wife still makes a krathong and it goes in a stream through the rice fields.  Next day the klong where the streams meet is blocked by plastic ones.  Very sad.