Rescued dog from beach Pattaya

Young male dog,probably less than 12 months,found whimpering under wreckage on beach,been bitten and over a few weeks the small bite turned into massive maggot wound. I took the dog in and kept it for 6 weeks or so until wound healed.

Quiet dog,no barking,very shy and not aggressive,getting used to living in/out of house,this is problem I have 5 dogs ,and cannot have more,thought I found someone,but problem arose . I will have to put the dog back on beach if I cannot re-house,would make good companion to someone

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Isn't there some sort of rescue group in Pattaya you could contact?

Seems a shame you were kind to save his life, but now putting him right back into the same situation....

Agree,nothing else I can do,rescue centres are full

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Bummer.....

Poor little guy.

There is a lady on Koh Chang. Her name is Lisa and she arranges adoptions, as well as another woman on KC.

Ask here on TV  for their contact info, and in the meantime I will make a few calls.

Thanks,small brown dog   very shy,but finding his legs unfortunetly,do not want to become attached,will get parvo/rabies shots this coming week.

The wound certainly was massive,virtually healed,  fur coming back,  took far longer than I thought it would

Will make some enquiries regarding Lisa   Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredscats said:

Already explained,I have too many dogs right now,and the dogs I took in were in dreadful state,one crippled,one (a pup) its eyeball hanging down from its face,now one eyed, another cancer suffering,and so on

Well, I must say you are committed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

A photograph of the dog may assist in finding it getting it rehomed

Trying ,but trying to download from smart phone that is smarter than me

He sure is shy,knows where his home base is tho

Edited by fredscats
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Bless you for your kindness. Having done so much to restore his health I can't believe you would put him back on the beach. I just hope a better solution can be found. ATB.

I can only do the best I can,no more. Times Im weary,I get tired,not young Im 75,I feel sorry for him,he is fine at the moment,his shyness would make it quite a while until he is domesticated

Sorry I bought this damned smart phone,trying to get pics off it are headache

On 10/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, HeijoshinCool said:

Bummer.....

Poor little guy.

There is a lady on Koh Chang. Her name is Lisa and she arranges adoptions, as well as another woman on KC.

Ask here on TV  for their contact info, and in the meantime I will make a few calls.

Is it really neccesary to arrange adoptions for dogs in Thailand?

6 hours ago, fredscats said:

Sorry I bought this damned smart phone,trying to get pics off it are headache

Email it to yourself using the smartphone. Then read the email on your computer and download the pic from there.

It is too easy to become attached to an animal, so often the best defence it to do your best not to become attached in the first place as it's a one-way street. Impossible to care for every stray cat and dog out there. A few lucky ones get plucked out. You've already done far more than most people would ever do.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:01 PM, fredscats said:

Trying ,but trying to download from smart phone that is smarter than me

He sure is shy,knows where his home base is tho

The lady who puppy sits my mutt says these people might help you find a home, rather than take him back  to where he was attacked:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1269576256388857/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/882539605113201/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/petsittingbangkok/?ref=share

I don't do Smart phones or Facebook, either, but there are some dog lovers here  who can surely help you use these links....

Am I right, guys?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for this.  There are a bunch of beach cleaners quite near the spot where he was attacked,they look after dogs that live there, a few have asked about him through the injuries he received,so are concerned.

I will try those groups before I do anything

Thanks for helping,still got him,looks better now his fur is returning

• Like 2

Thanks everybody who chipped in about this dog. I returned him to the spot where he was attacked, no other option,kept eye on him for half hour or so,to say he was as happy as Larry would be understatement,tail wagging like helicopter.     Ill keep an eye out for him and beach cleaners will too.

Catching him earlier enough after wounding, I should have attempted,before the maggots started eating him alive , ,but now have dart gun guys number

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 9:14 AM, fredscats said:

Thanks everybody who chipped in about this dog. I returned him to the spot where he was attacked, no other option,kept eye on him for half hour or so,to say he was as happy as Larry would be understatement,tail wagging like helicopter.     Ill keep an eye out for him and beach cleaners will too.

Catching him earlier enough after wounding, I should have attempted,before the maggots started eating him alive , ,but now have dart gun guys number

Please send me location of the dog, and photo, I will visit him and feed dogs around.

Thank you.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, abeabeabe said:

Please send me location of the dog, and photo, I will visit him and feed dogs around.

Thank you.

Better not.  I last viewed last week,has big scar on his back from maggot wound,he is happy ,but security guard wants the dogs off that particur patch,even tho he likes them,so now I keep my distance.

I give money to the head cleaner now and again for taking care,Ill take a pic when I see him again     Thanks for asking