Test & Go with 16 year old with one vaccine

ngainfish

Traveling to Thailand with 16 YO Daughter in December. Want to do the test & go 1 day hotel & test. Anyone know the score on 16 YO traveling from UK only allowed 1 vaccine? Can they use this scheme or not classed as fully vaccinated.
thanks for any heads up ????  

Traveling to Thailand with 16 YO Daughter in December. Want to do the test & go 1 day hotel & test. Anyone know the score on 16 YO traveling from UK only allowed 1 vaccine? Can they use this scheme or not classed as fully vaccinated.
thanks for any heads up ????  

ngainfish, Have you had any luck?

I'm in the same boat, 3 of us fully vaccinated but Thai stepson has only 1 jab as per UK guidelines.

It seems wrong that he can't get to Thailand to see his Thai family without having to do 10 days quarantine, especially as the UK are only recommending 1 dose for now.

Has anyone been able to get a second jab for under 17 year old? (We live in Wales so rules are slightly more strict)

p.s. we have flights booked with Singapore Airlines to BKK but at the minute it would be nearly double the price to rebook to Phuket to do the Sandbox where apparently 16 year olds can travel with fully vaccinated parents without restrictions..

Speak to your local hospital / Dr. Clinic... 

The case can be pleaded for extenuating circumstances that the Dual Vaccination is a requirement for International travel at your destination - Worth a try at least. 

Hi,  I've spoken to the local vaccination centre & the lady there went to her manager & although they were sympathetic, they said they could not physically book him in as he doesn't fall into the eligibility criteria.

I'm waiting to hear back from my GP to see if he could possibly give me a letter to explain the circumstances, but I'm not holding out much hope.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:21 PM, ngainfish said:

It might be depending of where you are heading as international arrival, but "fully vaccinated" means two doses vaccine, except for Johnson & Johnson.

Sandbox and Blue Zones rules are here...

250784560_439002184252717_3678633278662237167_n.jpg.786236e9d71bda83b8f524f4bd6c0054.jpg

Similar issue, in UK, my daughter is 12 and has had one vaccination as is all that is allowed for 12-15 year olds in UK, however in order to only do 1 day quarantine it seems everyone over 12 years has had to be double vaxed. Not only is that not possible here but the NHS does not issue Covid Certs to 12 year olds so you can't download anything for the application.

OK so that leaves staying within the blue zone for 7 days, children under 18 travelling with parents are exempt for the vaccination requirement as long as staying in Blue Zone. It seems you arrive BKK, blue zone and you can move around outside in blue zone proving your PCR Thai test has come back negative, but we want to go to Ko Chang on day 3, what is unclear is what 'travel restricted in Sandbox Area' for 7 days means. It also says must stay in a SHA+ hotel in blue area for 7 days. So Bangkok is Blue, Ko Chang is Blue, both our hotels are SHA + are we allowed on day 3 to fly from BKK to Trat (blue) and on to Ko Chang or do we have to stay in the same hotel, in the same blue zone for 7 days.

Anyone any experience yet of whether the 7 days blue zone means you have to stay in initial arrival blue zone after negative PCR or you can do the some or all of it in another blue zone.

Most international flights go into Bangkok, this would mean if you have a child 12-18 that hasn't had 2 jabs you can't fly on to Chang Mai, Phuket, Samui, Trat etc until after you have stayed in Bangkok for 7 days. Going to put a lot of families off if thats the case, we certainly don't want to waste 7 days of our 20 days hanging around in Bangkok. 

Heres the reply we got from Thai Twitter. Trouble is on the Pass application I can't see anywhere to put the second part of reply plus I don't believe there are any vax travel certificates for 12 year olds in UK.

'If the vaccination regulations in your country set that children aged 12 years only require 1 dose, then your child is considered fully vaccinated. If you have any further questions about regulations for travelling, please contact the Thai embassy in your country for advice' 

would if I could get them on the phone...

'Kindly prepare the document indicating that children in your country are required only one dose of Pfizer to present to the authorities if they ask' 

Might try and do the form using my vax cert twice and see what happens

On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 AM, Pappiklon said:

we certainly don't want to waste 7 days of our 20 days hanging around in Bangkok. 

You can't just jump between blue zones in the first 7 days. If you can't get the single jab recognised perhaps look into Samui-plus.