Carriage of suitcase from Bangkok to Roi Et

SteveMdmt

I will be coming back to Thailand in a couple of weeks time and doing the one night in Bangkok hotel before being released into the community. 

I will have a <20kg suitcase with me, as well as a <7kg carry one, but have just discovered that the only flights from Don Muang to either Roi Et or Khon Kaen at the moment are carry on, ,7g, baggage only and no check-ins.  Can anyone make a suggestion for a reliable delivery to my house for a suitcase ? 

18 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I am pretty sure you can send the suitcase with the same plane, if you pay extra for it.

They're telling me that they wont carry any luggage other than <7kg carry-on at this time.  Usually extra baggage can be bought when booking tickets but this isnt currently avaiable.

Maybe Thai Smile airways from Suvarnabhumi to Khon Kaen will offer the luggage option, normally included in their ticket price.

Nakhon Chai air bus company Morchit Bkk to Khon Kaen 6hrs and 600 baht for you and your luggage, comfortable safe reliable.

33 minutes ago, sapson said:

Maybe Thai Smile airways from Suvarnabhumi to Khon Kaen will offer the luggage option, normally included in their ticket price.

Nakhon Chai air bus company Morchit Bkk to Khon Kaen 6hrs and 600 baht for you and your luggage, comfortable safe reliable.

Yes, good call sapson.  I have never flown Thai Smile so they're not an airline that comes to mind but having checked their schedule they still appear to be offering a suitable flight to Khon Kaen including the 20kg baggage check-in.   I can get picked up from Roi Et airport by a neighbour but he wont come to Khon Kaen but I could, usually anyway, easily take a local bus to complete my journey or even splash out on a taxi which I have done on a number of occasions before.  I usually use Sahapan Tours buses from Mo Chit to my neighbouring town of Phonthong but was leaving buses as a last resort at the moment although not yet ruled out.  Will give it some thought today and book something in next few days.  Cheers

8 hours ago, SteveMdmt said:

They're telling me that they wont carry any luggage other than <7kg carry-on at this time.  Usually extra baggage can be bought when booking tickets but this isnt currently avaiable.

Yes, I understand that you already checked that option. I was thinking about that almost all airports have a desk somewhere for only sending packages. Think you will be more lucky there. If you talk to them, they are very often able to send it with the same plane.

So easy to just send by post, Thailand post would even likely be there the next day if you came in relatively early on the day. If you wanna complicate things and use Kerry instead that is possible too, but not from the airport itself as far I know (and takes 1-2 days longer to arrive often too). Also it is even cheaper most times than paying additional on flights.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, SteveMdmt said:

Don Muang to either Roi Et or Khon Kaen

Go to BKK (Suvarnabhumi) and take a flight to Khon Kaen.

Check in 20kg for free and as much baggage as you can pay for.

Roi Et sound like NokAir? And a tiny turboprop which has very limited load capacity? Avoid at all price!

Pay for a taxi from Khon Kaen to Roi Et as last resort.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Go to BKK (Suvarnabhumi) and take a flight to Khon Kaen.

Check in 20kg for free and as much baggage as you can pay for.

Roi Et sound like NokAir?

Cheers.  I'm booked Suvarnabhumi to Khon Kaen with Thai Smile.  The Roi Et flight would have been air asia.