RT-PCR test Time frame before returning to Thailand advice

UKPaul67

Hi, returning to Thailand in December, has anyone recently returned, i am looking for advice on the time frame used to take your RT-PCR test prior to flying.

I will land approx 6.30am, flight time 11.5 hrs from UK.

Everywhere reports 72 hr time frame before landing in destination, so i'm assuming that takes 12 hours at least off my time frame.

I looking for information of the times people took their, test prior to flying?

Did the certificate have to be printed or can be used via email? (Thaiairways)

Finding a company for a PCT test, with a short time frame is huge costs, anyone from England, have any suggested companies and how long did it take to complete

Edited by UKPaul67

Travelling from the UK (via Singapore) to Thailand and I am in the same predicament as you (except that Singapore has more stringent checks than Thailand and insists on no less than 48 hours before departure). I've checked, double-checked and triple checked this with the airline.  Depending on your place of residence, I am using a company called express test linked to the Cignpost labs. They have drive through facilities across the UK and are UKAS accredited which is critical requirement for anyone travelling for Singapore. For Thailand, I would use a company like Dam health, seem to have a quick turnaround on testing and more competitively priced if you are travelling with minors.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 6:47 AM, UKPaul67 said:

Everywhere reports 72 hr time frame before landing in destination, so i'm assuming that takes 12 hours at least off my time frame.

I'd ignore "everywhere". It's 72 hours before first flight.

15 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

The start point for the 72 hour measure for check in for flying to Thailand is the scheduled time of departure - e.g. test Monday at say 10.30 am or later for a flight 10.20 am on Thursday . . . . .

Yes but problem we have in UK is companies advertise a low price, when you click the link the low price does not guarantee time frame of 72 hours ????, push it to 48 hrs price goes from £39 to £120, push it to clinic and 12 hours it goes to £249, places vary of course, many people havi g chose the cheapest option have give lucky escape report and late certificates and some even missed flights, these companies have us by the short and curlies ????

Local Chemist in Wiltshire quoted GBP 95 and the service was 24 hours (it happened) but it's hard for them to guarantee. I think it got couriered to Wolves and results were confirmed by email.

'Twas a 'Fit to fly' and a 'Test Report' (basically the same, and the pt in pt-PCR was there.

Here's the link - you could look for their nearest 'base' <[email protected]>

BTW one lovely aspect was that I could do the test myself while they watched.

Good Luck M8

• Thanks 1